Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bazal
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

bb keeps losing ip address

hi  

when I switch on my computer the network symbol has a yellow triangle over it ?. when I put the cursor over it, I get the following........UNKNOWN IP ADDRESS ......and I am unable to access the internet

when I try to repair the problem I get ......LOCAL AREA CONNECTION DOESNT HAVE A VALID IP CONFIGURATION....Then resets the problem. This has happened on a regular basis , is this normal

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: bb keeps losing ip address

are you connecting wireless?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
bazal
Contributor
Message 3 of 14

hi

no i am connected by cable and i am next to the main socket

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

so your router is connected to the internet but your pc is having problems connecting to router.  as you are using ethernet is the driver for your network card up to date?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
bazal
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

hi

will check

0 Ratings
bazal
Contributor
Message 6 of 14

hi

have checked the driver and its up to date ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

hi try changing the ethernet port in case it has a fault
0 Ratings
bazal
Contributor
Message 8 of 14

hi

have changed port will see if it cures the prob will get back in a couple of days

0 Ratings
bazal
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

0 Ratings
bazal
Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Hi have tried a different port but still have the problem. Have looked at my adsl settings which has dropped from fast to interleaved, has any one got any ideas

0 Ratings