Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RICHARD007
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

bb speed hub v1.5

Go to solution

Hi I have run a speed test and found I can get 75 - 17.5mb  with and estimates speed of 13.0mb but at this time i am only getting 8mb is this because I only have a bt hub v 1.5 do I need to upgrade to a v3 hub will this allow me the extra speed

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: bb speed hub v1.5

Go to solution

the hub is certainly not the problem.  I think your problem is probably your exchange has been upgraded to 21CN up to 20mb but you are still on adslmax up to 8mb.

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run btspeedtester (MAC users may have problems) bt speedtester and post the results .

are you connected directly via a filter to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
I would agree with imjollys post but this can be confirmed when we get your hubstats
RICHARD007
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
this is the adsl info from the router

Help

DSL Connection

Link Information

Uptime:

1 day, 2:08:31

Modulation:

G.992.1 annex A

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:

448 / 8,096

Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [GB/MB]:

4.38 / 213.51

we are connected to the main socket and there is 2 more phones in the house

quiet test is good no noise

Your broadband checker results

Broadband option

Broadband speed range

When you can get it

Action

BT Total Broadband BT Total BroadbandThe speed prediction we have provided is an estimate, however download speeds can vary and the actual download speed will fall between a range. This is generally within 1-2 Mb higher or lower than your estimated speed quoted.

Between 7.5Mb and 17.5Mb
(Estimated speed: 13.0Mb)

Now

Learn more

Sorry, you're not currently able to get BT Infinity. This may be because your area has not been enabled yet, or your individual line does not support super-fast broadband. Register your interest and we'll let you know if this changes.

Register Interest

BT always offers you the best speed possible on your line.The speed prediction we have given here is an estimate, however download speeds can vary and the actual download speed will fall within a range. The range is an indication of the speed that other similar lines across the UK have achieved for their broadband service; this is generally within 1-2 Mb higher or lower than your single estimated speed quoted.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

just as I expected you modulation is 992.1 so you are on adslmax up to 8mb.  have you had an email from BT recently advising that your exchange has been upgraded?  if you have then the upgrade could be in days/weeks/months as the upgrade is done in batches.  there is no way to tell which batch you are in.  if no email then you have to wait or you can try and jump the queue but will need to agree a new contract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
the stats show you are still on adslmax have recently had an email from BT saying about the upgrade if you have it is just a matter of waiting for your line to be moved over to the new network this is done in batches and can take from a few days to several months
You can short cut the upgrade waiting period by re contracting