cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geobrad
Message 1 of 4

bb speed

Hi all, I have a friend to move from sky broadband to BT Broadband Option 1 and Anytime Calls 3 months ago because they where offering 4 months free . Anyway, to cut a very long story short their broadband speed has been 0.33 meg download when they where promised over 10 meg their actual speed should be between 6 and 8 meg as admitted by bt the other day. I have now made phone call number 5 this evening on their behalf tonight and they are doing even more line tests even though i was told on wednesday that he was on the wrong profile at the exhange So what do i do next apart from slapping him for going to BT

Cheers
George

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: bb speed

Hi Welcome to the forums

Here are some help pages done by CL Keith http://forumhelp.dyndns.org/speed/Speed.html

also post your full hub stats by entering 192.168.1.254 into your web browser address bar and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1

Can you also post the full results from BT Speedtest speedtester.bt.com

Have you tried connecting to the test socket at the rear of the master socket  Test Socket.jpg

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
Greggaz
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Has this issue been resolved? 

---------
Knowing Broadband since 2000

"If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’"
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

as you can see the poster as of yet has not replied with any information as requested
0 Ratings