cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

bbc iplayer

I start to watch catch up on the iPlayer, and it starts buffering, then comes up with error message. I then go to my smart tv, BBC iPlayer, and it plays in HD with no buffering or error message?? Why does it keep failing on the you view box??
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Message 2 of 8

Re: bbc iplayer

I have a problem in that we can no longer watch Iplayer on our smart TV. We get the home page, it allows us to choose a programme, but when selected we just get a blank, grey page. Other apps work on the tv, Netflix etc. Other products in the house laptop, ipad etc access iplayer without problems.

I've called the TV helpline, they tell me it's got something to do with security settings from BT being incompatable with the TV and that it needs revising.  BT tell me it's nothing to do with them and that it's a TV problem.

Has anyone had the same or similar problem and do you know how to correct it?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

I have the same problem as the first poster: iPlayer completely unusable on the Youview box (G3) thanks to constant buffering / freezing.

It works fine on every other device, and other Youview on demand players work fine - it's just the Youview iPlayer that doesn't work.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 8

There were major problems with iPlayer yesterday affecting many platforms, seem to be OK now though.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

I have infinity broadband and have to say i have found the youveiw box to be superb apart from watching iplayer when programme constantly buffers and freezes . Yet watch on my laptop/tablet its fine . Really is bad when this is one of there biggest selling features for this box .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 8

I've got Infinity, not had any buffering/freezing issues on the original (G3) YV box.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 8

I spoke too soon, my box locking up yesterday whilst using iPlayer!!!!!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

IIRC, there was a period some time ago where I thought iPlayer issues had been sorted. Now however, it is very unstable.

I use my TV now if I need iPlayer!

0 Ratings