cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonsmile
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

been told cabinet not on plan to get infinity but...

Hi,  after advice please.

Have been told cabinet is not on the plan to get infinity

"
In respect of cabinet 104 to which your line is connected this has been deferred out of the programme due to issues with the supply of power. Unfortunately in view of this there is no timescale for enablement of this cabinet.."

However, today openreach were laying cable up the road to do a fttp (for a new local school) so this means that infinity must be fairly close by (and the 2 guys said it was on the road at the bottom of the hill from where we (and the school) will be.

SO the questions I have and am looking for advice on are:

1.  If they can get it, how do I go about getting (expensive!) fttp?

2.  If infinity is avaliable 'down the road' how can I get BT to alter their minds and allow us to order it

3.  Who do we need to stamp our feet at and shout at to get the 'power issues' resolved?

All 3 local exchages are showing as accepting orders for infinity..

Cheers for reading..

Jon

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: been told cabinet not on plan to get infinity but...

that is a special circuit to the school and not just standard FTTP

FTTP is only available in certain areas and these currently are very limited

as to the power issue with your cabinet the most likely problem is there is no suitable available power service close to the cabinet and for them to get power to the cabinet is not financially viable
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

@jonsmile wrote:

SO the questions I have and am looking for advice on are:

1.  If they can get it, how do I go about getting (expensive!) fttp?

To get FTTP your cabinet needs to be Infinity enabled.

2.  If infinity is available 'down the road' how can I get BT to alter their minds and allow us to order it

Pay them lots of money! If it is not on their plans to upgrade your cabinet it is probably because at the moment it is not financially viable for Openreach to do it.

3.  Who do we need to stamp our feet at and shout at to get the 'power issues' resolved?

You would need to get Openreach to give more details as to exactly what that problem means. Is it the electricity supply to the cabinet or some other issue.

All 3 local exchanges are showing as accepting orders for infinity..

Cheers for reading..

Jon

0 Ratings
Puppy
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

The circuit to the school is most probably not FTTP. It is more likely to be a leased line product or for an ASDH product.

Dave