cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 6

boost engineer

Hi All I don,t want to sound thick , but what is meant by a Broardband boost engineer   ? 

JamJar62
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Guru
Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: boost engineer

Hi jamjar62,

I think  the pupose of Openreach Broadband Boost engineers are to see if they can help or see if they can improve your broadband service (speed and reliability) if your broadband is slow or unreliable.

We've had a few Broadband Boost engineers (due to living quite a distance from the exchange). They are trained on the latest techniques and have access to the most up to date testing equipment and tools for the job.

I think they are also trained in both PTSN and Broadband aspects of the services.

Though I could be wrong.

Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 6

thanks and thats sounds about right to me , i am having a speed and drop in service so i think after having the normal Open Reach engineer out 2 times they are now using a different engineer , which is good 🙂  

JamJar62
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 6

How do you get hold of one of them then, cause I could do with one cause BT India are so annoying.

Please click on white star to the left and say thanks if I have helped you at all!. 🙂 Thank you. Some handy links Copy & Paste:-
http://bthomehub.home/
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/index.html
http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Speed
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

Boost engineers are just normal engineers who have had the basic broadband training. Nothing special about them really. They have the same tools as the rest too. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 6

Well, they seem better trained than the Kelly's or Quinns subbies that often get sent out to do 'basic' works ...

Had some aggro with my Infinity service dropping, it seems after the DSLAM/VDSL modem firmware upgrade last week. To cut a long story short, the 'Boost' engineer sorted out the wiring muck-up created by the subbie from Kellys who moved my master socket a month or two ago after BT insisted that was required to fix a Vision issue (that was a server problem in the end).

The Kellys engineer had back-wired the circuit from the original master socket position by jointing in a 'spare' pair that actually was the extension bell line, so not only did the VDSL signal go through a noisy path, it was also about 20 metres longer than it should have been as it went up to my study and back again.

I no longer get the dropouts and have gained about 4 meg down, though hardly anything up, so I'm also pretty much consistently at the max speed availabe on Infinity 2 (77 meg down).

0 Ratings