cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobjob
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

broadband connection

Every two or three days i have to do a soft reset on my youview box.although my box says its connected to the broadband it isnt,the information button doesnt work,just a circle going around for ever,the on demand and players do not work,the box seems to lose its connection. once i do a soft reset its fine again for a couple of days.i am on a ethernet connection,i just wondered if anyone else has this annoying problem and if there's a fix. 

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
miket101
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: broadband connection

I have had the same problem but i found out what it was my hub would sometimes re sync itself or if i have a drop out the youview box is incapable of recognising this. Only fix is a soft reset and i would advise you to watch your hub settings over a week and see if this is the cause. Bad weather can affect a line and make it reset your hub. In the hub manager settings it will tell you how long you have been connected for.

0 Ratings
bobjob
Contributor
Message 3 of 14

thanks miket101,it does seem incapable of keeping a connection[youview box].the vision box never had this problem,why does it say its connected when it isn't,i hope humax,youview,or bt sort this as youview is a great system but having to soft reset every couple of days is a pain.

0 Ratings
anotherjohnh
Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Day 3 of Infinity.... my youview box, which worked without needing to be reset while using my previous ISP, has had its first YMV104.

Bags of bandwidth.

So it's either the HH3, or the BT software which has appeared on my youview box since getting infinity.

As the BT on demand option looked like it would work (I didn't ask for it, and haven't used it to watch anything, but the choice opens up and the music plays while the YMV104 state is present.) my money is on the problem being BT's software on the youview box).

0 Ratings
Malcomio
Message 5 of 14

I'm also having this problem.

I've reset the Powerline adapters and hard rebooted the box.  It works fine for a few hours and then loses connection, or at least, thinks it does.  All other internet-enabled items (laptops, iPad, Xbox) can connect to the internet and do some fairly demanding stuff, while the YouView box just sits there and tells me it can't connect.  My BTVision box worked fine; this problem started within 24 hours of installing the new box.

Searching for the YVM104 error online, as recommended by the box's own error message, just brings up a standard list of basic troubleshooting options on the YouView webpage, which take 10 or 20 minutes to run through and always end up at the same result: everything's fine.

BT needs to address this issue head-on and not allow it to be relegated to their support forums.  Why should we have to actively hunt for solutions to what is clearly a known AND widespread problem?  Does anyone else have the feeling that BT are just using their early adopter customers as their guinea pigs?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
bobjob
Contributor
Message 6 of 14

yes been two and a half hours on the phone today,bt and youview have not got a clue how to fix this,they just blame each other,in the meantime i have to reset my box daily.have been passed from department to department.finally somebody said they will ring back in 24 to 48 hours after doing tests.??? im not holding my breath.
0 Ratings
JohnKelly
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 14

I have had this problem. The problem seems to be that after the hub resets itself the youview box loses the connection and doesn't re-establish it. It should be basic network functionality. Windows does it so it can't be hard 🙂

I have had this problem after power cuts in my area. The BT Vision box reconnected fine. The youview box doesn't. I don't know what the underlying software is but I would have thought it would be linux so must be able to be configured differently.

0 Ratings
creon
Contributor
Message 8 of 14

bobjob-

what hub do you have, ru on infinity or ADSL?

have had my HH2 resetting and dropping out, i thought it was normal initially as it happened every day around midnight but then became frequent around 4-5 times in a day. when i watched in hub manager connection times was never more than 2 hours, anyway i had a HH3 'lying about' for a rainy day and all is resolved.

0 Ratings
bobjob
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

thanks creon,i have a home hub 2a,adsl.
0 Ratings
hitman
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 14

I had a similar prob swapped the hub for the newer version and its been fine scince ............phone bt get a newer hub .........

0 Ratings