Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

broadband down bt lies to me

hi all sorry in advance for the post 

had btfibre broadband for over a year , about two months ago broadband went off , several calls and emails an engineer came said no issue in the houses, problem was at the junction box a fibre cable was damaged , would fix it and ring me , 

in the ongoing weeks I've had a few calls off a bt woman saying there working hard .blah blah ,,anyway two nights ago broadband totally dead as opposed to the internment broadband i was getting by with. 

looked online all faults resolved said the complaint tracker mm since when , anyway spoke to a chap ahmed  says yes fault at box engineer will call tommorow to bt box and fix it they will ring  back at three today to confirm its fixed .

got home surprise not working rang again tonight spoke to mrittiaa a woman who starts telling me they tried to ring me several times on my phone when i explained mobile phones had call missed , and no one rang  she didn't miss a beat and repeated her script we rang several times today .when i stopped her and explained again she left this track and said she would have to do tests , ive probably  done this tests 20 times last two months and night before . shortly phone went dead  

why for the love of god do bt lie directly to us the customer , why ?? what is wrong with this company is it just me or do bt treat all like this.  lie and  diregard, will not tell you when and how a fault is being fixed . shut reported faults down as resolved when obviously they are not 

is this the norm ??

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: broadband down bt lies to me

Hi @kniightsy,

Welcome to the community forum. Did you manage to get your Broadband service going again?

If not, I'll be able to take a look at what is happening with the fault on your line. You can send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

hi paddy
engineer turned up asked when my fault was fixed , as it shows resolved on bt site
, i said never as far as i'm aware he goes to exchange and existing fault bt fibre cable that is damaged is still there he replaces it comes to house and ten minutes checking fixed
so bt not only never fixed the original fault they put it down as resolved on their site ,
now is it me or or they the most inept corrupt lying bunch of cowboys . 

only took over two months  hours on the phone and still no compensation which was mentioned , ill take that as another straight lie .

roy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Hi @kniightsy Sorry that you did not get called back. Did you take up @PaddyB with his offer of help and we can look into this for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings