Did you mean: 
lol5165
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

broadband issues

Hi all 

I am extremely frustrated with BTS apparent lack of customer support

I have had no broadband for 9 weeks now 

The phone line is not good but no apparent faults I have had 4 failed engineer visits they don't even bother to let you know they are not coming

When an engineer did bother to come he said I lived so far from the exchange I was lucky to have broadband! Certainly don't feel lucky either they can provide a service or not. I have had broadband for the past 4yrs so don't see their point

Every time I ring I'm passed from pillar to postpost

Shall I just cancel my account?

Im feed up and  cold sitting   in my car trying to get a signal so I can use the internet!!

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: broadband issues

are you using the test socket with a new filter

if phone is working try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

cancelling your account won't help and if still in contract will just incur cancellation fees

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

John46. Might be difficult if no internet connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

just hoping due to comments about being possibly out of broadband range
0 Ratings
Boudges
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 11

You said you have had broadband for the past 4 years. Was this with BT or with another ISP?

If you liked a post, please click on the 'Ratings star' on the left hand side of the post.
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 7 of 11

Hi @lol5165 and welcome.

I'm really sorry you're having problems. If you're with BT I'm sure I can help you with this. Can you please send over your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
lol5165
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Yes BT
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

then use the mod contact us lin which should be here and found by clicking on mod name 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

0 Ratings
lol5165
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Tried quiet line test for 6mins it it said was quiet line test then after 6 mins thank you for using this facility!
0 Ratings