cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

broadband problem - fixed?

I reported a problem  with our broadband  dropping out several days ago.

Last  night we had no dropouts, but a speed test shows about half of the speeds we used to get.

Looking on MyBT today, I see that the fault has been closed , and there is a message stating "Thanks for letting us know the fault has now been fixed"

I have not told BT anything?

Is there any way I can get confirmation that a fault has indeed been found/fixed, and maybe even what it was?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: broadband problem - fixed?

there is nothing other than what you have found advising fault fixed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the quick response!
Would have been nice to know what was fixed, particularly as I have spent quite some time swapping out cables/routers etc and am currently connecting to the test socket. Knowing it was at the BT end would mean I could just restore everything at my end back to its original state.
If a problem was found on the BT side, the loss of speed is probably related. Perhaps this will increate in time.
Thanks again!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

if the engineer did not enter your home then problem not on your side of the test socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings