cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waynemac03
Message 1 of 5

broadband problems ?

ok worst thing i ever did was swapping to bt on 15 november . so far then , 3 bt home hubs , 3 engineer visits , over 10 phone calls trying to sort this problem . 3 mornings off work at my cost overcharged by 120 pounds on my bill., no one returns my calls ?? when i tried to cancel they wanted to charge me (so so mad about this ) im left with broad band no better than dial up? some one please tell me what do i do? HELP HELP (ps when i use my pc on my mums broad band it works fine )
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: broadband problems ?

Hi welcome to the forums,

The forums are customer to customer in the first instance, Only the mods (BT) will ask for personal information through a email link. Would you mind posting your Hub stats & BT speed test results this will help all with diagnosis-

To post the full stats from your router
for home hub - 192.168.1.254
Navigate to ADSL Settings or use the A-Z at the top right
Click on More Details and then post the results.
Run BT speed tester and post the results from http://speedtester.bt.com/

If possible it would be best to connect to the BT master socket remove the front plate if possisble and connect to socket this will rule out any telephone/broadband extension wiring also consider the housing of the hub/router as anything electrical can cause problems as these are your responsibility

Noisy line! When making telephone calls, if so this is not good for your broadband, you can check-

Quite line test dial 17070 option 2 and listen - should hear nothing best done with old type analogue phone digital (dect) will do but may have slight hiss If you hear noise- crackling pops etc, report it as a noisy line on your phone, don’t mention broadband, Bt Faults on 151.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
waynemac03
Message 3 of 5

Line state:Connected
Connection time:1 days, 02:15:25
Downstream:13.5 Mbps
Upstream:1.045 Mbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):3.2 dB / 5.7 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):31.1 dB / 17.9 dB
Output power (Down/Up):20.8 dBm / 12.3 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):378266207 / 102
CRC Events (Down/Up):319354 / 32
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):10615869 / 9
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):22468 / 18

0 Ratings
waynemac03
Message 4 of 5

tell me im daft if you want but after 3 engineers have been should they not have checked this stuff .

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

post the full results from http://speedtester.bt.com/
Have you tried connecting to the test socket at the rear of the master socket Test Socket.jpg

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal
also you could try the hints given by poster RogerB in this link they may help http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Poor-Broadband-speed/m-p/14217#M8397

Then someone here may be able to help and offer more advice.

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings