cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simonp
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

broadband set up and dire speed

Having just moved to BT from another provider, where I got up to 3MB, I am now getting 100kB!!!! with BT - I am told to wait 10days - this seems llike I am being fobbed off by India - as i read that you should get pretty much normal speed within 3 or 4 days

Whats the truth?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: broadband set up and dire speed

Hi and welcome to the forum.

India was not lying to you regarding this, it can take upto 10 days for your line to get the best achievable speed, In most cases it could only take 3-4 days, just ensure you do not switch the router off or disconnect it during this stabilisation period.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
simonp
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for that - I will just have to wait - does resetting the router count as switching off - as I have done that ?

Tags (5)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

yes   resetting the router counts as a restart and should be avoided during initial 10 days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings