cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

broadband speed changes

im due to renew my contract with bt for there tv broadband and phone but when i go to there package page it now says upto 16mb i was under the impression option 3 was upto 20mbs im on 20mbs at the mo if i renew will i get a speed drop to 16mbs?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: broadband speed changes

the package not shows the download speed of 16mb whereas the previous advets showed connection speed of 20mb - just the same package.

you might find trying uk sales to renew your package will get you a better deal  08007830056

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

you have no change in speed as posted the adverts now show download speed not connection speed
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Im confused now iv a download speed of 20mb so if i renew my download speed with change to 16mb im only 200m from exchange
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Does your home hub show a connection speed of 20Mb? I would be very surprised if it did.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run btspeedtester (MAC users may have problems) bt speedtester and post the results .

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

No it shows 22.713kbs my noise margin down is 3.2 with no dropouts lol 1,247 up
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

it is just an advert giving typical figures they are not set in stone you will not get any more or less then you are getting now
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

you have a good connection just ignore the adverts they are just average figures quoted yours will not change when you recontract
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

so you have a conenction speed of 22mb giving a profile about 20mb and that will still be exactly the same when you renew your contract - the package is just the same

0 Ratings