Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Don01
Beginner
Message 21 of 30

Re: broadband speed problems

Ok Thanks for the impute

We were hoping to get bt vision and I read that you need a minimum of 2mb or do they put you onto ADSL-2 ? And we were getting 2mb in the past and it always held about the 1.8mb

I'll just keep a check on how often I have to restart the hub.

Cheers
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 30

you are already on ADSL2 you should avoid restarting the hub as that can cause more problems then it solves considering your distance from your exchange you have about the best speed you are likely to get 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 30

you are about 4.6km from the exchange and at that distance there is very little change to your conenction speed with 21CN  as against adslmax

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Don01
Beginner
Message 24 of 30

That's what I was thinking that I should not have to restart the hub but when it freezes I have no option, I'll see what the level 2 support say when he calls as it may be best to get it replaced

Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 30

what actually freezes
0 Ratings
Don01
Beginner
Message 26 of 30

The connection freezes.  I've been using a wire connection just so I can keep track of things as they always want to test under wire connection. So I could be online for a bit then the connection stops (freezes) but all the hub lights are on! If I close the browser and then open it, it wont, says something like cant connect and it will stay like that till I restart the hub. 

I had the bt level 2 guy on the phone tonight I told him about the hub, think he said? He has been resetting my line to optimum levels for me, considering the distance I'm from the exchange and that the hub may freeze, as he has been working on it the last few days, also something about with all the resetting (not sure if he said there will be another rest tonight) but it now at the optimum level and is going to need the next 5 to 7 day to settle down. But I should see improvement and they will give me a call back to check.

At least they're all good at calling to check how thing are and letting me know they will do their best.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 30

have you checked that your driver for your network card is up to date by checking the manufacturers website not just the windows update

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Don01
Beginner
Message 28 of 30

I will check but its the same for my tablet so both wont connect as the other day when nothing would connect I had to use my 3g phone to contact bt, as I now contact bt by live chat which I can recommend as 100 time better than phoning, make life easier and less stressful
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 30

do you have another router you could try as ethernet connection don't normally have connection problems

0 Ratings
Don01
Beginner
Message 30 of 30

I'm sure I have, but I'll see how it goes over the next few day, as with the bt guy saying in may have been with all the tests and things should settle down now.

Cheers
0 Ratings