cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
megan
Message 1 of 11

broadband usage 10Gb

Go to solution

Does anybody know what is 10Gb usage? does it mean if i download more than that will i get extra charges or my internet simply stops working?

I read somewhere that using youtube and watching films from internet 10gb is not enough. How much does this capacity allow me to do per month?

Thanks

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
megan
Message 2 of 11

Re: broadband usage 10Gb

Go to solution

can somebody help! please. I am about to change to BT and I would like to be sure of what I am doing, this is like marriage!!! Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Hi if you read the contents of this link it should explain all you need to know http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10495/~/bt-broadband-fair-usage-policy
beltanefire
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Very good question but the answer is you gety  charged £5 for another 5gb

I am sceptical about the usage  meter as it says I have nearly non of my 10gb left after only 10 days normal usage

Just wish I had stayed with TALK TALK now as it was same price but unlimited usage OK bit slower speed bbut BT is not giving speed it promised  NEVER AGAIN with BT this is second time in 10 years I,ade that mistake

0 Ratings
beltanefire
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

dont

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
beltanfire this is a solved year old post
0 Ratings
LindaNess
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Can BT not do its sums, or are they just out to con.  Today, 2 June and I check my broadband usage, which should have updated yesterday.  It gives the usage to midnight 31 May.  Message "you have used 7.03 GB of your monthly allowance and have 2.97 GB remaining.  Your average monthly usage is 7.66 GB. Bassed on your Broadband usage we recommend moving to unlimited Broadband".  WHY?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

@LindaNess wrote:

Can BT not do its sums, or are they just out to con.  Today, 2 June and I check my broadband usage, which should have updated yesterday.  It gives the usage to midnight 31 May.  Message "you have used 7.03 GB of your monthly allowance and have 2.97 GB remaining.  Your average monthly usage is 7.66 GB. Bassed on your Broadband usage we recommend moving to unlimited Broadband".  WHY?

this is a 2 year old post

the usage monitor will be updated sometime this morning and will be as at 23.59 last night with new usage shown

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

@LindaNess wrote:

Hi.

There is no con.

The usage monitor typically updates early afternoon I believe, but for the period from the beginning of the month until 23:59 the for the day before. Hence it can appear to be a couple of days out of step. So later today it will show usage for the 1st June.

The online meter is not a "live" system, as it needs to take into account items that are excluded from the usage, such as BTCloud, BTVision & BTWifi (Fon).

I agree, it does seem weird to suggest moving to a different product when the calculations are given right at the end of the month. A daily average figure would be better, with a remaining figure "per day" suggesting month end estimate. Of course, that would only be a very rough guide.

0 Ratings
Gerald363
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

I have had problems with usage for several months now and BT are useless at dealing with it.  I have just been charged £5.30 for exceeding the limit but mr meter was below 10Gb on the last day of the month!  I downloaded a programme on Sky Catch up which was rated at 835Mb.  When I checked my meter it had recorded an extra 2GB.  I am fed up with arguing the toss as I think I am being blackmailed into upgrading.

0 Ratings