Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 15

Re: broadband usage allowance

Go to solution

Also check this. http://www.pcworld.com/article/2955491/windows/how-to-stop-windows-10-from-using-your-pcs-bandwidth-...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
lioness
Contributor
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

and thanks again. I have turned off P2P updates.  I still wonder if anybody using BT Fon is adding to my usage.  How can someone called Elisabeth's phone be in my list of connected devices when the lady has never been in our house nor had my wifi password.

0 Ratings
blue7
Beginner
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

thanks for others answers

Keith says " You could connect you your own BT Wifi SSID, and that would not count "

More problems!

I registered for Wi-fi/Fon and got ID and password.  I changed laptop from my hub to Wi-fi and loged onto wifi.

I tried to get up the bt webpage (www.bt.com) but itwill not come and eventually says server not available or some such wording.  I tried another website without changing anything and it came up ok.......back to trying to get bt website and still will not come up........so what on earth is going wrong???

Going back to connection to my hub (wirelessly still) I can get bt website ok!

So I am still stuck trying to download a new operating system.

0 Ratings
lioness
Contributor
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution
I cannot get into MyBT using BT fon. It says it's not a secure connection.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

@blue7 wrote:

thanks for others answers

Keith says " You could connect you your own BT Wifi SSID, and that would not count "

More problems!

I registered for Wi-fi/Fon and got ID and password.  I changed laptop from my hub to Wi-fi and loged onto wifi.

I tried to get up the bt webpage (www.bt.com) but itwill not come and eventually says server not available or some such wording.  I tried another website without changing anything and it came up ok.......back to trying to get bt website and still will not come up........so what on earth is going wrong???

Going back to connection to my hub (wirelessly still) I can get bt website ok!

So I am still stuck trying to download a new operating system.

If you are on a very slow connection, I doubt you will be able to download the update on BT WiFi anyway as it will timeout after 1 hour or 2 hours (not sure which).

0 Ratings