cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mabrookes
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

browser support

I am assuming this is the place for this, the only option for BT TV is in the youview boxes section no general area for TV.

What browsers are supported for playing TV online? I tried with firefox on mobile and it didnt work, I assumed due to it being mobile. So I tried on Opera on my laptop (just Chrome, but not terrible) and it wasnt supported. I then tried Firefox on laptop, silverlight no longer supported so no go. So I tried on Edge, browser not supported again. Finally tried on IE 11, and after freezing twice, because its IE so what do you expect, I get a new error "Sorry unable to play media. It appears you have reached the permitted device playback limit."

Its just taking the . . . now. What I wanted to catch the end of has gone, but I would still like to know the answer for the future. Is IE 11 really the only browser out of the ones I tried that is compatible?

(and who in their right mind coded it to recognise a refusal to play due to compatibility as a registered playback so it wont work eleswhere - probably wont get an answer for that part)

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: browser support

0 Ratings
mabrookes
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

It is not an app, as it says in the link they have an online player as well as an app which is why I didnt post here originally it didnt seem to fit.

I already searched the help for browser support for the online player; it doesnt say in that link (already seen it - although I dont know if you meant to post 2 different links, those both go to the same place) and I cant find the information.

0 Ratings
sparse1
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

We have a choice of internet explorer or safari.  I did have firefox working but since bt changed their tv site yesterday that doesn't work anymore.

Of course neither internet explorer or safari are actually supported on windows 10, and I can't get either to work. I did try using an android emulator but Bt TV is pretty much the only app that it won't run.

I'd suggest that BT have decided that they don't want their customers watching online and are being as obstructive as they can to force people off of it.

0 Ratings