cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigbassman9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 20

bt basic broadband speed

Hi i have bt basic and broadband speed is .36mb on google speedtest , speedtest on bt site could not run due to an error , iknow i should only have 10mb but not even 1mb at the moment , it is the same wired or wirless , also tried the 5ghz thing and no better , i have a home hub 4 , or is this what i can expect from basic, feels like im back in the 90's waiting for tcp all over again lol 

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: bt basic broadband speed

@bigbassman9

Have you checked the phone line to see if there is any noise on the line?

Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
bigbassman9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 20

no all quiet , i have a new master socket and line to house from t pole in the street and it is the only one i have, it has gotten worse over the last week ,

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 20

It may be worth trying a single factory reset of the home hub.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11386/%7E/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-set...

I assume that when you say your phone line is quiet, you can still hear dialling tone?

0 Ratings
bigbassman9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 20

just done factory reset and still same , no i can not here the dialling tone between the beeps

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 20

@bigbassman9 wrote:

just done factory reset and still same , no i can not here the dialling tone between the beeps

If you cannot hear dial tone on your phone, when you pick it up, then you have a fault on your line. What are the beeps you can hear?

0 Ratings
bigbassman9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 20

oh i thought you meant during the quiet test , yes i have dialling tone picking up phone

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 20

Please can you look at this post https://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Guides-Community/Broadband-Top-Tips-to-get-help-on-the-for...

and post the connection information from the home hub 4.

0 Ratings
bigbassman9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 20

Screenshot (17).pngScreenshot (19).png

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 20

have you tried connecting to the test socket which is behind the faceplate of the master socket  does your master socket have connection on front for phone and adsl/broadband?

have you been trying to connect by continually resetting the hub by disconnecting and reconnecting?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings