cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 11 of 21

Re: bt broadband network problem!

That's the connection speed between your computer and your router. If it's only 1Mbps you'll need to run through some wireless diagnostic steps such as changing the wireless channel on your router, making sure you have the latest drivers installed for your wireless card, etc.

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 21

that is wireless transfer rate your wireless connection is suffering from interference have you tried selecting another wireless channel and also updating you wireless card drivers
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 13 of 21

yes i done all that ran diagnostics..even put new card in with new drivers..changed channel etc..2laptops upstairs running great but for some reason pc is slow ..less than 15ft away from router lol:) thanks for your advice..anymore ideas would be great thanks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 14 of 21

This isn't a BT issue. This isn't a Blizzard issue. This is something very strange across the whole of the UK it seems.

Check out Virgin media's forums - they report identical issues about WoW not working. And it isn't just WoW, but other online games by different developers and publishers. Sky users also have the same issues.

There are also issues with websites not working. I myself cannot access Kotaku, or any Gawker media website. Some can't access the BBC websites. I've seen people say Daily Mail and the Sun are inaccessible. It's very strange, since for many people Gawker and BBC will work fine, but they will have websites that they themselves cannot access.

Why would the internet slow down so much for ALL service providers in the UK, prevent access to online games like WoW, and prevent access to a myriad of websites that vary for different users?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 15 of 21

erm i used WoW as a reference to what i do on pc. my problem is aside from gaming and has been ongoing for a few days..thanks for your input!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 16 of 21

@garethreed wrote:
yes i done all that ran diagnostics..even put new card in with new drivers..changed channel etc..2laptops upstairs running great but for some reason pc is slow ..less than 15ft away from router lol:) thanks for your advice..anymore ideas would be great thanks

If your laptops are running fine then it's definitely some sort of problem on or around your PC. Is there anything sitting close to it which could be causing interference with the wireless signal?

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Message 17 of 21

Yep, I've had problems with websites not loading, slow broadband, and gaming disconnects for a couple of days too. It definitely seems like it is bigger than BT though. A lot of UK service providers are having exactly the same issues. It's very odd.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 18 of 21

yes ive checked for interference nothing has been moved since it happened or before..and yes i see from different post alot of ppl from different isp having trouble loading pages..very odd indeed.:(
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 21

darkstorne the OP has an internal network problem nothing to do with internet access
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 21

have you tried down loading inSSIDer and checking for possible interference problems from neighbouring routers
0 Ratings