cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

bt error 251 etc

Go to solution
There's a message from a moderator here that the glitch with this error has been fixed. Not for me! Had the box and fast fibre broadband installed on Friday, by Saturday, we couldn't use the guide as all channels came up with 'no information' then, trying to load the I player was impossible. Come on BT, get it sorted!
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: bt error 251 etc

Go to solution

Hi berolena,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Are you still having this problem? There is a thread on this here .  Have you tried resetting the box from within the settings menu - Youview>settings>Device Management>Reset Youview box. If you have recordings you might want to watch them first as resetting the box will probably delete them. You can also try this, however, unfortunately you will lose your scheduled recordings, so you will need to reschedule them.

To reset the box and save your recordings: 

1. Start with the YouView box powered off from the switch on the REAR panel power button

2. Power back on the YouView box using the REAR panel power button

3. When the FRONT power button is illuminated with an orange circle, press the FRONT panel power button firmly once and it will turn blue

4. Immediately press and hold the "VOL-" button which can be found on the right of the FRONT panel the first silver button

5. A message saying "Enter Maintenance Mode Y/N (Y: POWER)" appears on the TV screen

6. Press the FRONT panel power button firmly once and wait for about 1 minute until the Maintenance Mode screen appears.

7. Using the P- button on the FRONT panel to move down the menu to the 2nd option down "Factory Reset, Keep Recordings"

8. Once highlighted Press VOL- on the FRONT panel to select this option

9. You will need to press VOL- on the FRONT panel to confirm.

Let me know if that sorts it.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I switched everything off after 2 days of problems and so far, fingers crossed all seems to be working as it should.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Great to hear it's sorted berolena. If you have any further problems get back to us and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Re:

"If you have recordings you might want to watch them first as resetting the box will probably delete them"

I am already completely disenchanted by the lack of professional help I have received form BT's so called Technical Support.

Reading that resetting, might or might not, delete any recordings, sums up the lack of definitive knowledge anywhere regarding BT Youview.  Are we to believe that the box is itself able to determine whether, or not, it wants to delete the recording depending on how it feels today?

Sorry I'm just a bit phased after a day and a half, on the phone to BT's sad excuse for Professional Technical Support in the Indian Subcontinent

Appologies Noel

0 Ratings