cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheWhizzz
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

bt fiber cable been laid

hi anyone help me on this our llocal school is having fibre optic broadband installed today and the wires run outside my house there is a lid outside my house that the bt men are working on pluling the cable along the underground pipes they have

would bt allow users on my street to use this cable to get bt infinity broadband or is it not allowed to be shared with the rest of the street? 

my front door is about 12 ft from where they r working down in the hole the school is aprox about 150 yrs up the street

thanks for reading 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: bt fiber cable been laid

The school is most likely having a dedicated FTTP leased line installed. No-one else can have access to it. You could always purchase you own leased line.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 8

As Pip says it's probably a bussines/school direct installation.

What I would suggest though is going and have a brief chat with them to see if Fibre To The Cabinet will be coming.

I spoke to loads of Openreach engineers over the six months they were working around my town.

They were very helpful and enjoyed talking briefly with someone with a bit of knowledge of Infinity/FTTC and who was intersted in their work. They would never give a commitment of when though.... just on target, coming soon etc

But at least you may find out if it's due in your area at some point.

I couldn't believe under one of the man holes of the street that I walked over each day.... was actually a bloomin' great room with electric lights... and he enjoyed my reaction as I looked down as he turned the light on.

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 8

Did he not take you into the bar area they have there????Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
TheWhizzz
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

iv asked around about fttc and they said we might get one this side of 2020

theres no plans yet to do my exchange as i live in a village only sky and talk talk llu have been installed into my exchange 

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 6 of 8

I think you have a long wait ahead of you.Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
hippey
Expert
Message 7 of 8

Thats more than likely why the school is having a lease line put it.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 8 of 8

There are special contracts for schools with both BT and VM.

0 Ratings