cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mainline
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

bt fon no connection but my home hub is working fine

hi, my bt fon keeps going off when im connected to the intenet using my home hub 3 , the home hub is working fine as i can connect to my hoime network , but when i connect to bt fon it diconnects after about 20mins even thought in says in the connetion settings that im still connected .

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: bt fon no connection but my home hub is working fine

If you are connecting via your own network why are you using the fon feature
0 Ratings
mainline
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

i am connecting to bt fon or trying to so i dont use all of my 10gb download usage up

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

you are only connecting at approx 500k and you are time limited to connection time when on fon
0 Ratings
mainline
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

ok thanks i was under the impression when i moved over to bt that it was unlimited wifi at least thats what i was told by bt . do you know how long you can stay connected for i have only been online for 20mins probably less and its already gone off .

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

you have unlimited wifi in the amount you can down load but time limited so you do not clog up the fon network it is only really designed for quick web browsing and emails not for downloading purposes
0 Ratings
DS
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

@mainline wrote:

hi, my bt fon keeps going off when im connected to the intenet using my home hub 3 , the home hub is working fine as i can connect to my hoime network , but when i connect to bt fon it diconnects after about 20mins even thought in says in the connetion settings that im still connected .

Do you get an error message - too slow to load, timed out etc

Are there any wireless devices still connected to the BThomehub3-**** SSID?

They will have the priority connection and can knock devices connected to BTFon/Openzone off the Internet

@mainline wrote:

i am connecting to bt fon or trying to so i dont use all of my 10gb download usage up

There should be no problem doing this and it's a very useful method of keeping your usage down

FYI, the maximum time that you will be able to make use of BTFon is 2 hours, then you'll be automatically disconnected - to prevent heavy downloading over the BTFon network

Also, if the browser is not used for 15 mins, you'll also get disconnected

@mainline wrote:

ok thanks i was under the impression when i moved over to bt that it was unlimited wifi at least thats what i was told by bt . do you know how long you can stay connected for i have only been online for 20mins probably less and its already gone off .

Apart from the auto 2 hour max time and the 15 min idle disconnections, it is

Not sure how gaming would work via BTFon - are you trying to use BTFon for gaming?

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings