cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helzapoppin
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

bt fon

i have done all the tips in the bt fon page and my lap top is still trying to connect to bt fon, in manage wireless networks {vista} my list reads from left to right not from top tottom does this make a diffrence, i am stuck help

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 6

Re: bt fon

Hi helzapoppin,

If your in manage wireless networks in vista all you really need to do is either click on the network and highlight it, then a remove button should appear at the top or right click on the network itself and click remove.

Cheers,

Chris.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
helzapoppin
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

hi chris i have done that and my lap top is still connecting to bt fon, i have been clicking on connect to and logging on that way.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

Hmm, odd...

So if you remove all BTf/BTo connections via Manage Wireless Networks (right click each one and select remove) you still get BTf trying to connect first?

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
helzapoppin
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

sometimes i log on ok, but just had to click on connect to a network to log on, i phoned bt help line and spoke to someone who went through all the checks with me and it still did not cure the problem, she said she had the same probiem with one fo her lap tops, and thought it was a microsoft problem?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

My vista laptop connects to my hub automatically, or the BTf/o* SSIDs if I manually connect.

Is your laptop fully updated via the m/soft site?

Also try setting the hub to allocate a static IP address to the laptop

*had a nightmare with BTf/o - seems fine atm

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings