Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ocean
Aspiring Expert
Message 41 of 68

Re: bt free printer and digital picture frame offer

BT had better pull their finger out!

. . . it must be remembered that the sea is a great breeder of friendship. Two men who have known each other for twenty years find that twenty days at sea bring them nearer than ever they were before, or else estrange them.
Tags (1)
juliancaine
Aspiring Contributor
Message 42 of 68

COULDNT AGREE MORE BT PULL YOU FINGER OUT WHERES MY FREE PRINTER/PHOTO FRAME 102 DAYS AND COUNTING 5 DAYS AND COUNTING SINCE A MOD SAID THEY WOULD LOOK INTI IT??

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
transporter2
Beginner
Message 43 of 68

Sean,

Looking at your post and the link to this offer!

Why are you telling customers to clink on the link? When the offer is only open until 31 Jan 2011Smiley Mad, and your post was 8 Feb 2011Smiley Sad

Have I missed something (when you click the link to the legal stuff):smileysurprised:

juliancaine
Aspiring Contributor
Message 44 of 68

Smiley MadSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley Madits just another example of bt giving us the runaround hoping we will give up ive been waiting 102 days and still nothing dispite countless email's, phone calls to india,uk etc , posts on this forum its been nearly 6 days since the last contact with a mod SURELY IT DOSENT TAKE 2 MINS TO CHECK MY ORDER AND SEND IT TO ME, thats why i think bt are messing us about hoping we give up COME ON BT WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR CUSTOMER CARE (NON EXSISTANT) EITHER GIVE ME MY PRINTER/PHOTO FRAME OR CANCELL MY PHONE/INTERNET/BT VISION (WHEN IT WORKS) AND GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK AND A MAC CODE AND I'LL TAKE MY BUSINESS TO ANOTHER PROVIDER (THAT HAS A CUSTOMER CARE DEPARTMENT THAT WORKS).

SHAME ON YOU BT

Smiley MadSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley Mad

WHERE IS MY FREE PRINTER/PHOTO FRAME

0 Ratings
juliancaine
Aspiring Contributor
Message 45 of 68

just had an update email from the mods telling me i should recieve my equipment within the next 10 days, so i should have my printer and photo frame by the 19th feb 2011 otherwise i will be onto trading standards, IT LOOKS LIKE IT PAYS OF TO BE PERSISTANT WITH BT THEN YOU SHOULD GET WHATS PROMISED TO YOUSmiley Surprised

0 Ratings
tigermarbles
Beginner
Message 46 of 68

This is a complete disgrace from the biggest telephone provider in the country.

I received an email back from the moderation team stating that in my case, as I ordered my service over the telephone I do not qualify for this offer - DESPITE being told by the operator that I would be elligble for it if I input my order details!

They also state the offer ended on 31/01/2011 however I have an e-mail (it can be forwarded if necessary) that states the offer is elligible until 11th February 2011 (tomorrow!).

I have sought legal advice and below is the response I sent to Mr Moon of the moderation team:

I have just read through your below e-mail, which is not only factually incorrect however is also ridiculous.

1) The offer clearly did not end on 31/01/2011 as the e-mail I received from BT stated it ends on 11th February 2011 (tomorrow). I have this e-mail and can forward it to you if necessary.

2) The only reason I purchased the the service from BT over the telephone and NOT online, was that I was assured by the female operator I spoke to that this would still be valid. I assume this call will have been recorded "for training purposes" so it can be proved.

3) I have contacted trading standards, and they have informed me that by offering me a service that was physically impossible (the printer) in order to get me to sign up to another service, they have breached a verbal contract. I am told that this is not only a civil offence, but would fall under Fraud by False Representation under The Theft Act of 1968 which I am told is a criminal offence.

I have therefore started proceedings with Trading Standards who will investigate this further, and I have been advised to take British Telecom to small claims court for the value of the printer and photo frame that was falsely offered to me.

I will be filing for small claims court on Monday and if you wish to discuss this further then please feel free.

I will not back down from this, and I urge the rest of you who are being conned by BT to seek advice from trading standards.

Kind Regards

Tigermarbles

juliancaine
Aspiring Contributor
Message 47 of 68

excellent post, ive been promised my printer/photo frame will arrive by the 19th february 2011, Smiley Mad103Smiley Mad days and counting since my printer/frame should have arrived, i too have the same email that the offer didnt finish till tmw if my printer/frame dosent come too by the 19th of this month i too will be taking bt to the small claims court, the customer service shown by bt is appauling and i think an ex gratia payment plus our printer/frame arriving into our possetion would not go amiss, i have spent approx 10 hours on the phone,countless hours sending emails, and hours on this forum Smiley MadCOME ON BT THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGHSmiley Mad

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
juliancaine
Aspiring Contributor
Message 48 of 68

come on bt GIVE US ALL OUR FREE PRINTER AND PHOTO FRAME

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
juliancaine
Aspiring Contributor
Message 49 of 68

Smiley Mad104 days and countingSmiley Mad

0 Ratings
NCRowland
Beginner
Message 50 of 68

HALLELUJAH - The printer and photo frame have turned up today 🙂 🙂 .  For anyone else having problems this is how i managed to finally get it sorted.  I spoke to BT Vision who advised me to log an email via BT.com (via contact us at the bottom of the webpage, (email address support.btvision@bt.com)), i emailed them on the 21st Jan and they responded on 22nd Jan saying they were going to re-order the goods.  I emailed them again 1st Feb - just in case they forgot about me, and they replied saying that their records showed that the goods had been re-ordered and was to allow 45 days for delivery.    It's such a shame its taken a lot of phone calls and emails to get what was offered, but thankfully they came good eventually.