cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mamisholly
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

bt home smartphone s

I purchased a bt home smartphone s about 3 weeks ago and i have had nothing but bother with it. I followed the terrible instructions to set it up and it seemed to be working fine and then my son said he had been trying to get me. the phone wasn't ringing out. I have checked' the do not disturb' it is off, the answer machine is set to off, the volume is turned up and is turned on. I unplug it and plug it back in and it works for a short time and then i have to do the same all over again. I have also tried to restore it to default which didn't work either. I am so disappointed with this phone especially as it had a good write up and it wasn't cheap. Can anyone help? thank you.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
toekneem
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: bt home smartphone s

Have you tried the product helpline on 0808 100 9889 as its within warranty.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44950/~/bt-home-smartphone

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
mamisholly
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

hi no i haven't yet but i'm just about to. thank you for that. x

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

3 weeks ago you bought it [?];  I'd try a refund ASAP.

I've followed this product very carefully and there has been much disaffection with it. I never had my hands on one to trial but I certainly wouldnt have bought one.

That said, it seemed at pre-launch to be a good product that sought to bridge the gap between fixed land line and smartphone functionality.  There were earlier reports of that not having gone too well however.  I suspect that BT sought to "improve" the smartphone side of things and that is where it may have gone wrong.

ATM I use [as do many] both mediums, a good quality fixed landline [which to be fair BT do provide many good products of] and smartphone [which ATM they do not].

You can mix and match on the fixed landline side of things; caller display & cordless function with corded handsets etc....

Sadly I fear the "for sale" label for this product within the BT Shop suggests that BT want to offload it.

Sorry if thats not what you want to hear. 

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
macracknell
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I have also purchased this phone. Where do I find out the Pin number?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

@macracknell wrote:

Where do I find out the Pin number?

Don't you have to set one up? Menu > Settings > Location & security > Set up screen lock > PIN. 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings