cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larjam
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

bt infinity 1 slow speed

my line was activated 22 May 2014. i am now very frustrated i've still having speed 21 mbps and bt promise me a speed not less than 30 mbps. since my activation i've already phone up arround 4-5 times now asking the techsupport regarding internet speed.......and the last one tells me that in order to achieve my 30mbps is to connect a Ethernet wire to my laptop. i've told them that i didn't sign up for a bt infinity 1 fiber optic with a latest hub5 wifi .......in order to have the right speed i have to connect a wire to the hub5........pls. pls. help me with this problem    

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: bt infinity 1 slow speed

No ISP, including BT, will guarantee wireless speeds.

You need to run a speed test using a direct Ethernet connection, that will prove whether the actual BT Infinity connection is faulty.

This page may also help.

http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/wireless/wireless_conns.html

0 Ratings
larjam
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

it's 13:40 my speedtest result from bt wholesale with ethernet wire download: 37.63  upload: 8.65  ping: 35.13     and this is speedtest result without ethernet attach to my laptop download: 22.54       upload:8.43   ping: 36.38    

i don't what happen i conducted the test 2 feet away from the hub5........ my concern is that the gap is big..... and the upload and ping is almost the same .....just only the download speed have a big gap

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

a wireless connection is subject to all sorts of wireless based interference this is why it is not guaranteed by any ISP your speed is fine when using a wired connection and there is nothing that BT can do to improve your wireless speeds

you could try changing wireless channels on the hub also try updating the drivers on your PC's wireless card from the makers web site also check your wireless card is wireless n rated

0 Ratings