Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BroadbandTvPhoneCare
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

bt infinity 2 wifi speeds

hello 

currently with VM having the 150mb package with weekend calls with contract now finished

wired speeds are ok giving me 150mb download speeds

but i currently get 30-75mb wireless download speeds

may i know what people get on bt infinity 2 on wireless 

thanks

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: bt infinity 2 wifi speeds

Wireless speed is totally independent of Broadband speed, the speed you get is entirely governed by the wireless devices at each end of the link, and the environment the wireless signal is operating in.

Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

It's an impossible question to answer really as there are thousands of difference scenarios that will give differing wifi speeds. A few of the variables are; the router, the device connected to it, distance, objects between the device and router, interference (of many different types). The list is never ending.

With that said, if you're getting 30-75mb, I'd expect you to get ROUGHLY the same with infinity IF your connection speed is 80meg, but as above, with their being so many variables it's impossible to say. No ISP will give any guarantee on speeds over wifi.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
BroadbandTvPhoneCare
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 14

thanks for both speedy replies

im estimated 80mb wired so i just need to know roughly the average wireless speeds if someone was using the bt home hub uing a wireless device ustairs with the router downstairs in a 3 bed standard house

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

As we both said, nobody can predict wireless speed. There is no such thing as average wireless speeds, every situation is unique.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

If it makes you happy, in my old house where we had Infinity 2 at 80meg, I used to get 76meg wireless using wireless n sitting in the same room as the hub.

That information though is completely useless to what speeds you might or might not get in your home.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
BroadbandTvPhoneCare
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

any customers please feel free to send your infinity 2 wireless speeds 🙂

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

No Provider will guarantee wireless speeds as there are to many variables as you have already been told by other posters
0 Ratings
BroadbandTvPhoneCare
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 14

im going to stay with virgin media

all your attidtue is not welcoming and very dull 

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14