Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mitch84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

bt infinity installation

Hi

can anyone tell me how they install bt infinity , Im would like to get bt infinity and phone/tv but we would require a new bt line if we went ahead.

The only thing that worries me is how they install the wires , do they just tack them to the walls as I dont really want to see wires all over the place as it just looks messy.

also is it possible to use the power adapters on  a exstension lead as the youview box would be in another room and I only have one plug socket where I would like the hub/modem to go.

thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
mitch84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: bt infinity installation

* forgot to mention is it possible to get a bt engineer to look over the property before ordering.
0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Hi

Do you have a line coming into the house from any comms provider?

as far as installing the cabling it depends if you would be fed from an underground cable or from a telephone pole outside the house (check neighbours)

If it came in underground it is possible that the telephone socket could terminate on the incoming cable, it all depends where you want the socket.

If you require an overhead cable from a pole they would obviously need to cable that from the eaves of your house down to where you want the socket, so that would normally be down the front of the house.

I don't believe that BT would do a survey before you order, that may need one after.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
mitch84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

hi there

well next door had bt installed and im fairly certain he had a the phone line outside upgraded which is a phone pole just oposite our property

the phone line comes in above our door into our fuse box area and then wires stem off from there around the house, but we currently have vm which is underground wires, so this bt line has not been used for years , I guess all the bt phone line would need to be upgraded.

Im just wondering weather they can come in to the house from somewhere else at the front so we dont have loads of wires tacked to the wall?

0 Ratings