cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

bt infinity speed issue - was perfect now getting under 1.5mb downstream? upstream fine

hi

as above really

am on the bury exchange, and so far , barring the odd minor speed variation , it has worked great. when the engineer tested the line into the house he confirmed i was getting the full 39.99mb and 9.99mb up (i saw those figures on his vdsl test kit).

and sure enough i have had pretty much that.

as of today i am now getting under 1.5mb (upstream is perfect 8.5mb), wired connection into router, on any of the 3 pc's in the house and my iphone.

have rebooted the modem and router to no avail.

have disconnected the telephone too, and to be clear,there are no extension sockets in my house, the modem plugs directly into the master socket.

so its clear that the modem is simply syncing at a very poor rate now.

what is the best way of getting this fixed? not very happy with paying for a premium product and not getting the speed i pay for. for the record the phone line was broken for a few days too. not the best start after not being with BT for many years !

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: bt infinity speed issue - was perfect now getting under 1.5mb downstream? upstream fine

Was your phone problem just before your speed drop if it was you need to leave it a few days for your ip profile to rise again once that has risen your speed will do like wise
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: bt infinity speed issue - was perfect now getting under 1.5mb downstream? upstream fine

thanks for the reply. no the phone was fixed a couple of weeks ago, and whilst it was broken the internet was perfect.

it was working fine this morning but has been playing up since this afternoon.

0 Ratings