What do you think i should do then. 

thankyou

Untitled4.png

0 Ratings
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 12 of 18

Re: bt infinity sync speed changing

You could have a look at your line stats in Troubleshooting, Helpdesk on the HH5. That might provide some insight.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
liamscor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 18

Hi thankyou for your response

I already posted a line stats from my hh5 helpdesk could you possible tell what the information means such as the noise margin. I have reposted a new screenshot here.

thankyou.Untitled5.png

0 Ratings
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 14 of 18

Sorry, missed that. Yeah, your upstream has been capped - exact numbers like 800 or ending in 99 are pointers to DLM capping the sync. The target noise margin when syncing-up is 6, so as your noise margin is 11.5 there's plenty of scope for faster upstream speed.
--
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 15 of 18

It all looks like a line fault, but it could be down to the HH5 with it's reboot problem. If I were you, I'd call the helpdesk and get an engineer appointment based on the advice from the Performance Test you ran.
--
liamscor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 18

Hi thankyou verymuch again for your response

when I first upgraded to fibre their was damaging to my phone line which was then fixed by an engineer, this then brought my speedup to 15mbs and when I do a line test for the bt site one which I posted early it said the sync speed is find so I not really sure if there is much point in an engineer visit or is their? Also do you think that having dml reset could fix the problem or resetting the hh5 could fix it, since my download is still not as fast as it could be and my upload is still at 800kbs.

Thankyou.

0 Ratings
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 17 of 18

A DLM reset should fix your upstream but given the noise margin downstream, it looks like you won't get an increase to your downstream speed unless you have a line fault that can be fixed.

In either case you'll need an engineer, unless you just leave it and wait for DLM to relent.
--
liamscor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 18

Hi thankyou again

I understand what you are saying, but why would my download speed just suddenly increase to 18mbs and then decrease again. Also what do you mean by "wait for dlm to relent" and do you think resetting the bt hh5 to factory setting could fix the problem or not

thankyou.

0 Ratings