0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 33

Re: bt infinity without bt line rental?

Go to solution

@D-ave wrote:

@cinek wrote:

that's what I'm worried about tbh - have a perfectly fine working broadband (not as fast - but no issues) Don't want to screw it up ;/ installing a 2nd line is So Expensive ;/

Installing a new BT line is free - I know, I did that (so for a while I had two separate lines running). That enabled  me to satisfy myself as to the wisdom of my decision to leave Sky broadband (with which I had been very happy) and Sky Talk.

We are now routing you to one of our chat team...

All the chat team are currently assisting others. Your estimated wait time is 0 minutes and 1 seconds. Thanks for your patience.

You are now connected with Kerry

Kerry: Welcome to BT, the most complete broadband provider. My name is Kerry.

Kerry: How may I assist you with your order today?

cinek: Hi, I'm considering switching to bt infinity (FTTP), can you tell me if I'll have to pay extra if I want to connect a second line? On your website http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=25633&fttp=yes it says if I need a new line, it's free (normally £130) - is this really the case?

Kerry: May I please have your Telephone Number, Postal Code and Door Number / Name to check availability?

cinek: removed

cinek: removed

Kerry: a 2nd line would cost £130 

cinek: why does it say on your website if I need a new line it's free?

cinek: (under special offers)

Kerry: If you dont have a BT line installed we would install one free

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 13 of 33

Go to solution
Installing your new phone line

When you order a new landline we check your property to see if we can connect you easily or if you need an engineer visit. Most customers get connection at no extra cost. Some customers, just taking a BT line, may have to pay a connection fee of £40 (online special offer, normally £130). Or, if you're taking a broadband or TV package, it's included.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 33

Go to solution

@Bullitt wrote:
Installing your new phone line

When you order a new landline we check your property to see if we can connect you easily or if you need an engineer visit. Most customers get connection at no extra cost. Some customers, just taking a BT line, may have to pay a connection fee of £40 (online special offer, normally £130). Or, if you're taking a broadband or TV package, it's included.

now that's confusing, according to Kerry: If you dont have a BT line installed we would install one free

so which one is it?

Also, can I pay BT for line rental and have my phone with someone else e.g. sky/ talk talk etc?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 15 of 33

Go to solution
your online chat is wrong the web site is correct
if you want infinity you must have a bt phone package
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 16 of 33

Go to solution

@Bullitt wrote:
your online chat is wrong the web site is correct
if you want infinity you must have a bt phone package

thanks, not the best start from BT, different information all over the place, can't imagine what it'll be like when problems arise - need to seriously consider this

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 17 of 33

Go to solution
its ok as long as you realise they are all separate companies
and dont diss the staff or try to do there job for them
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 33

Go to solution

Billet you mentioning 'diss' the staff - I take it you mean demonstrating disrespect towards the staff.  If a company can not deliver what they say I am afraid the front line staff will have to get used, to use your words, 'dissed'.  

Look at the Infinity adverts.  The latest has about 10 Spanish Girls invade a flat and all connect to the BT HH3 'Bad Boy' and are talking to their boyfriends using High Res cameras to the full.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLyREC9Ohp4

If they all connected to my HH3 their speed would only be a maximum 35Mbps and more often worse despite my connection speed by cable being only a smidgen under 80Mbps.  BT Second line support confirmed that they do not support the hub Wifi speed and advised that I aquire a real WiFi router if I wanted to get the maximum 80Mbps speed I really have and not the dismal 35Mbps or less delivered by their HH3 WiFi.

No mention of that in any of their literature or adverts.....  So they failed to deliver on their claims and their staff are disingenuous to me they have to expect in return severe disrespect.  No one is concerned that the HH3 is not upto the job but very concerned that if I were to pay them the same percentage of their costs of what they deliver through my WiFi.  No they sugest I spend over £100 on my own router.....  Where does it say in the advertising or copious quantaties of ever moving terms and conditions?

The Staff will get 'Dissed' until the management deliver on their promises....  sorry but that is how it is.

WIFi  This is a very low one today....

Via Cat5 Cable

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 19 of 33

Go to solution
so it will be no surprise if the staff dont go out of there way to help you
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 20 of 33

Go to solution

@disillusione

We have been through this on another thread. The HH3 is capable of working upto 80mb but either you don't know how to configure it or there is a compatibility issue with your equipment. Did you try any of the suggestion given to you?

I have other issues with the HH3 but wifi speed/range is not one of them.

If it is a version A try asking for a version B to replace it or get something else. 

0 Ratings