cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghosttribe
Message 1 of 7

bt infinity

WHY can Penarth and Barry and Cadoxton get this service and Sully which is in the middle can`t get it.

When the exchange in Sully is about 2 miles from Cadoxton?

Ghosttribe

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: bt infinity

I was wondering that myself, I would really like to know why Its not in the Sully area, and when it will be.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

It all depends on if the exchange you're connected to is fibre ready and if the cabinet your connected to has been upgraded to FTTC. Check your phone number in the BT Wholesale availability checker. It'll tell you if you can get fibre or if it's planned for the near future. If there's no info on fibre from the checker unfortunately you won't be able to have it any time soon.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
robby2k9
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

Don't trust the checkers too much.

When I check my number (or any number on the 01375 exchange) it makes no mention of Infinity at all.

So you would assume there is no availability anytime soon.

However the FTTC cabinets are in & the RFS date for the exchange (EAGRA) is March 2012 on the when/where site.

Using the postcode checker its saying infinity IS available, but it been saying that since November!

As an aside, since yesterday the postcode checker has changed from 40/10 down/upload speed to 40/20!

Still no infinity mentioned on the phone number checker though.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

@robby2k9 wrote:

Don't trust the checkers too much.

When I check my number (or any number on the 01375 exchange) it makes no mention of Infinity at all.

So you would assume there is no availability anytime soon.

However the FTTC cabinets are in & the RFS date for the exchange (EAGRA) is March 2012 on the when/where site.

Using the postcode checker its saying infinity IS available, but it been saying that since November!

As an aside, since yesterday the postcode checker has changed from 40/10 down/upload speed to 40/20!

Still no infinity mentioned on the phone number checker though.

Your line might be connected to a cabinet which is not going to be Infinity enabled so be wary of this. Occasionally more than one cabinet can serve a postcode.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
robby2k9
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

I know exactly which box my line goes to as when I bought my house new 20 yrs. ago I watched the BT engineer connect me. It has got an FTTC box wired to it & its 20 yards from my front door. Copper, fibre & power have all been connected over the last few months, the last thing to be fitted was the electricity meter which went in about 3 weeks ago. My postcode is wholly within the EAGRA exchange, so basically the postcode checker is wrong & the phone number checker is probably wrong too. When I spoke to the openreach guys who were installing the copper between the 2 cabinets they reckoned the cabinet would be going live in mid to late Feb.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Then it's just a waiting game.
0 Ratings