cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

bt infinty new home hub 3.0

hi im new, and im quite excited about recieving infinty on thursday. i recieved  the new hub, ( nice and sleek) but i thought!?!? i currently have the black hub with the hub phone, when the engineer comes thurs to install this service, how will my phone connect to this new hub? or do i use both hubs? which i hope not. i have seen on the site there are like cradle wireless new phones? am i ment to get one of these? i am a customer already and am upgrading to infinty! all i recieved was the new hub and welcome pack?

any help on this would be much appreciated, i did try looking out for this but could not see the post, if anybody has please point me in that direction.

kind regards

flipperSmiley Happy

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: bt infinty new home hub 3.0

You will lose your "Second Line" with Infinity, its not supported anymore. This is due to the fact that users are turning to other VOIP services. Quick google search will show you some incredibly cheap services.

Thats is the reason why the new HH3 has no plugin for the phone. Im suprised they havn't told you that when you ordered, unless you ordered online and havnt read the details.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

no i was cold called and asked if i wanted to join bt, but i said i was allready a customer, after them looking up my details i was told infinty was in my area and asked if i wanted to upgrade, so i just said yrah!, they did not mention what happens with my current phone, all he mentioned ws id recieve a new hub 3.0 and engineer will change some sockets in my home and set it up, i didnt think to ask , i hadnt even looked at wot he new router was untill it arrived, n thought hmm so hows the phone connect? does tht men i cant use the phone Smiley Surprised

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

cold call phone people get paid a commission to sell,  so the best points will be emphasised and worst left out.

ronin22

In the end we will all be star dust.
Then start all over again.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

No, you wont be able to use the Hub Phone anymore, it does not work with Infinity.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

I am on Infinity option 2, the Hub phone still works for me, surely I can`t be the only one.

Ray.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

only works with hh2 but does not work with the new HH3

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings