cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

bt repair charges

i dont think it fair or right that bt can charge for repairs in the line in your home is rented  by us off them i have a bad crackle but i must suffer that because bt charges me and its money i dont have its a scam shouldnt be allowed i pay 19.50 a month line rental which i an RENTING OFF BT  so there for its their property  so they should pay all repairs no wonder they are loosing customers

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: bt repair charges

repairs are free up to the master socket providing the user has not damaged the master socket all extensions and equipment are the users responsibility also it is Openreach that supply the network and they charge BT Retail your provider for any work done so the charges are passed on the same is done by any other phone/broadband provider 

Also line rental is 14.60 per month not 19.50

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

When an engineer visit is required, BT routinely tell the customer that there will be a charge if the fault is found to be beyond the master socket (ie in the customer's equipment or wiring). If you have mistaken that for being told that there will be a charge whatever the fault is, you wouldn't be the first.

(I take it that the line rental you quoted includes anytime calls.)

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

They will also charge for the visit if they consider that their visit was wasted IE no fault was found.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings