Did you mean: 
Highlighted
smugla
Contributor
Message 1 of 30

bt speed halved

my spped has been halved from 5.8  now to  2.5

Download speedachieved during the test was - 2296 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 1200-4000 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :11563 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 1164 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 2500 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 9.68:19.75:70.58 (SBE:NBE:PBE)

i have the bt hub 1.5

i have changed filters and asked for a check on the line and both have been fine

0 Ratings
29 REPLIES 29
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 30

Re: bt speed halved

can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1)

are you connected to the master or test socket or somewhere else

have you been having connection problems with the router resetting or have you been resetting the router in the hope your connection will improve.

your profile is only 2500 and with a speed of 11563 would suggest connection problems

Someone may then be able to offer assistance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
smugla
Contributor
Message 3 of 30

connected to the master

I have had random disconnections thaty are geting worse over the past couple of months

i have tried to re  conect to try and get a better speed

on the bt hub 1.5 where is the adsl stats as in advanced i only get these options

Wireless
 Telephony
 Internet
 IP Addresses
 Devices
 Application Sharing
 Firewall
 Dynamic DNS
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 30

Have you been restarting the hub to try and increase your speed if you have stop and leave alone for 3/5 days while your ip profile rises this will allow your speed to rise
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 30

probably in internet - looking for connection time,modulation, speed, attenuation, noise margin and errors

do you have a master socket where bottom half is detachable?  do you have other extension sockets?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
smugla
Contributor
Message 6 of 30

it does not show the that information on internet on home hub 1.5  just

Uptime:

Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]:

ip

dns

s dns

master has a split botom part is socket  top is empty

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 30

if you look through the heading for the info I listed in my previous post.   sorry I don't use a hub.

have you tried connecting to the test socket which is behind the detachable bottom half?  are there wires attached to the bottom half of master? is the orange bellwire attached to terminal 3?

0 Ratings
smugla
Contributor
Message 8 of 30

like i said its main soket is split but i cant seam to prise the top bit off

and i need help to find the info as it does not show that in home hub 1.5

0 Ratings
mcpaddy
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 30

hi when you remove the 2 screws its the bottom half that comes off the socket not the top Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
smugla
Contributor
Message 10 of 30

ok and in a-z  id does not show adsl  

0 Ratings