cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 30

Re: bt speed halved

have you tried connecting to the socket behind the detachable BOTTOM half?  is there any connection on the back of the bottom half?  If there is you can either try an iplate (accelerator) or simply remove the orange bellwire from terminal 3 on master and all extension sockets. http://www.jarviser.co.uk/jarviser/bellwirenutshell.html

Your problem is you ip profile is down to 2500 because of all the resets/disconnections and if you can remain connected 24/7 without any disconnections/resets for 3/5 days then your profile will go back to normal and your download speed will as well.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
smugla
Contributor
Message 22 of 30

I left it on for over 24 hours from sat to sunday without turning it off and  the bell wire is cut

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 30

24hrs is not long enough for the profile to rise.  you need a 24/7 connection with no resets/disconnections for 3/5 days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
smugla
Contributor
Message 24 of 30

ok well its on for about 10 hours unless it re sets i will leave it for  3/5 days

0 Ratings
nylonic
Message 25 of 30

Yes, same here, this last week has been ridiculously slow on my machines. Waiting up to 10 seconds for page to refresh, sometimes 'times out' completely. I followed all the tests, reset router, and pc's, but to no avail. I actually run 3 pc's, mine, the wifes and spare one that everybody else uses. Never have all 3 online at any time, and very seldom is there 2 online, usually just the main pc, but the connection and speed problems are the same on all 3 pc's, am getting fed up now.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 30

@nylonic wrote:

Yes, same here, this last week has been ridiculously slow on my machines. Waiting up to 10 seconds for page to refresh, sometimes 'times out' completely. I followed all the tests, reset router, and pc's, but to no avail. I actually run 3 pc's, mine, the wifes and spare one that everybody else uses. Never have all 3 online at any time, and very seldom is there 2 online, usually just the main pc, but the connection and speed problems are the same on all 3 pc's, am getting fed up now.

welcome to the forum

rather than get replies to the originators problems mixed up with replies trying to help you it would be better if you started your own subject.  That way the replies/help would be to your problem.  If you decide to start your own subject can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run btspeedtester http://speedtester.bt.com and post the results.

are you connected to the master or test socket or somewhere else

Someone may then be able to offer assistance

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 30

smugla the hub must be left turned on and with no resets for 3/5days for your profile to rise
0 Ratings
smugla
Contributor
Message 28 of 30

I am going to leave it on lets hope it dosent re set itself

0 Ratings
smugla
Contributor
Message 29 of 30

As if by magic my connection is up to 8 meg thats 2 meg faster than before it broke

0 Ratings
smugla
Contributor
Message 30 of 30

..................all after the router re set itself ..............

0 Ratings