cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
freedom282
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

bt sport - error message 6030

I have reinstalled the latest Microsoft Silverlight as suggested in your post and I keep getting the same error message 6030.

I have tried so many times I have given up trying to watch BT Sport on line. I missed the club I support yesterday Arsenal playing at the Emirates.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Sammy_the_stig
Beginner
Message 2 of 7

Re: bt sport - error message 6030

Hi there,

If you receive an error code on the online player that doesn't begin with the letters 'VC' (for example, 6025, 6030), this means Silverlight is not working with your computer. This may be for a number of reasons, such as the specification of your machine or the version of the browser that you're using. Some Silverlight errors may be resolved by resetting the date and time settings of your computer.

It's possible to download the latest version of Microsoft Silverlight from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx

This site also offers guidance on system requirements and support for getting Silverlight working on your computer.

If anything above don`t work please feel free to reply.

0 Ratings
Sammy_the_stig
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Hi there,

If you receive an error code on the online player that doesn't begin with the letters 'VC' (for example, 6025, 6030), this means Silverlight is not working with your computer. This may be for a number of reasons, such as the specification of your machine or the version of the browser that you're using. Some Silverlight errors may be resolved by resetting the date and time settings of your computer.

It's possible to download the latest version of Microsoft Silverlight from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx

This site also offers guidance on system requirements and support for getting Silverlight working on your computer.

0 Ratings
Bahb
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Silverlight 6030 error fix is found here:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/silverlight/en-US/762e04b2-af16-43f3-8ad3-1e078367edfb/regar...

BT PLEASE! fix your server.

0 Ratings
Win8Phone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Sammy,

It does not mean Silverlight is not working. I have the same error on my old laptop but Silverlight works for streaming hollywood films.

The problem actually lies with BT who chose to use a piece of software in a complicated way and that causes compatibility issues. It also depends on your exchange and how that interfaces with the BT Sport servers.

Silverlight is no longer supported by Microsoft.

0 Ratings
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

@Win8Phone wrote:

Silverlight is no longer supported by Microsoft.

Wrong

According to http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifean45

Silverlight 5 will support the browser versions listed on this page through 10/12/2021

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Win8Phone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Ray,

I pressed 'Post' too quickly and got side-tracked.

Microsoft will not be supporting new version of browsers and will only do updates as bugs are highlighted to them.

All the newer version of the leading browsers are moving towards to full HTML5, including IE 11, and companies like Netflix are not even going to attempt to use Silverlight with IE 11. The next Google Chrome will not be having Silverlight as an add on and Firefox will probably do the same.

Silverlight is in its terminal stage and those with Windows 7/8/8.1 will find that Microsoft will automatically update their IE browser to IE11. 

BT would have known all this when they started developing their BT Sport app and yet they still chose Silverlight.

0 Ratings