Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spaceman
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

bt sport problem

Go to solution

I have a hub3 on bt copper wire.The picture on bt sport keeps breaking up,but occasionly it's perfect.My connection speed is 12.4mb,with download at 10.8 and 0.98 upload.I can get around the internet ok.Anyone having the same problem.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
blownfuse
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: bt sport problem

Go to solution

I know the feeling. I just get '' loading 100%. Have yet to see BT Sport. Going back to Sky when my contracts up. Sorry I have nothing to help you as I have gone through all channels open to me with BT and have got no where

0 Ratings
Nickaminsky
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi.

Similar connection speed here. I am finding BT sport pretty good on Android 4.3 (nexus 10), no break up at all.

On my windows 7 64-bit Nettop, BT sport breaks up for the first 10 mins or so and then is pretty stable, albeit it seems like slight frame skipping but no breakup. Its a sharp picture and watchable.

I put this down to Silverlight trying establish a high steady bit rate or something. Its rate adaptive I think, or is this what Silverlight "smooth streaming" is?

It seems to try 4 or 5 times to get a higher bit rate where I get stuttering and then it stablises.

I'm running this on a Revo R3700 which is only an Atom CPU. I think Silverlight 5 is supposed to support GPU acceleration. So I'm not sure whether that has anything to do with it.

The above is with IE version 10. I also tried it on Chrome and it was awful, really low bit rate and unwatchable.

0 Ratings
spaceman
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution
Thanks nickaminsky,I have a 5year old Toshiba,maybe I need to get a new one.
0 Ratings
spaceman
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
Thanks blownfuse,I have tried phoning and emailing bt to no avail.how do they keep customers?
0 Ratings
blownfuse
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Spaceman,  Try the following because I gave up on BT and went at it myself and after practically removing every programme and reinstalling the back ups I seem to have found a simple solution.

1. First uninstalled Microsoft IE.

2. Downloaded and Applied Goggle Chrome as the search engine 

And guess what it works. I'm not sure why but when installing Chrome it applied a Java and Silverlight 5 update which I knew I already had on Microsoft IE but didn't work. Anyway it all works now.  Good luck

0 Ratings
Nickaminsky
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

I had loads of problems trying to watch BT Sport on my PC last night (6030 errors and VC019), whilst viewing on my Android tablet was perfectly fine.

I tried re-installing Silverlight, it didnt really make much difference.

Eventually it started to work. I get the impression from other threads and users that theres loads of problems with Silverlight and BT Sport.

0 Ratings
bzcbzc
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

I would like to ask 'Blownfuse' what version of Windows are you running under when Google Chrome enables you to watch BT Sport online.

0 Ratings
spaceman
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution
blownfuse,My laptop is a 4year old Toshiba L450 which works perfectly on the internet.I am using Chrome myself,and I have tried IE as well and it worked great for 3mins and froze up-I had to do a forced close to get out of it.I have silverlight 5.I am going to check my Java.Thanks for your help.
0 Ratings
blownfuse
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

BczBcz,

Microsoft 7 on the house laptop and 8 on the kids. Seems to work well on all. Just Guessing but there must be some form of software problem with Microsoft IE and SilverLight and BT Sport.

Goggle Chrome works well. No bufferring, no pausing. Just all smooth.

Regards

Blownfuse

0 Ratings