Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

bt sport ? sky box

Go to solution

my bt sport pack runs out soon and i have got a email saying i will have to pay £5 a month to get bt sport through my sky box or switch to bt tv to get bt sport for free. my freeview signal through my aeril is not so good picture breaks up caused by trees in line of signal so i cant switch to bt tv.

so people who have bt broadband and get bt sport free and have a poor freeview signal and use sky  are being ripped off by bt. and why is bt sport not on freesat.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: bt sport ? sky box

Go to solution
You don't receive BT Sports by Freeview. It is received over broadband.
How exactly are people being ripped off?

Stew
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@helzapoppin wrote:

my bt sport pack runs out soon and i have got a email saying i will have to pay £5 a month to get bt sport through my sky box or switch to bt tv to get bt sport for free. my freeview signal through my aeril is not so good picture breaks up caused by trees in line of signal so i cant switch to bt tv.

so people who have bt broadband and get bt sport free and have a poor freeview signal and use sky  are being ripped off by bt. and why is bt sport not on freesat.

If you look at the terms and conditions, you arrive at the same results.

You must subscribe to BT TV to receive the new BT Sport free, and that involves streaming over your internet, not via the aerial. (Infinity 2 is recommended). That's £5 per month for BT TV.

Or you stay with Sky, then it's £5 per month.

I have the same problem, even as an Infinity 2 user, but I only have Freesat, not Sky.

Also, another box means that there would be insufficient available connections, or at least there would be more of a maze of connections. And think of all the settings...."do I want this that or the other input?" when I switch the TV on.

It's your choice, but at least you have all the equipment in place. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

we have not got bt infinity in the exchange that we use so bt tv is a no go.  so i might have bite the bullet and pay £5 a month.

0 Ratings