Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 19

bt sport

Go to solution

Are there any members who can watch BT sport on line without the picture constantly 'stuttering'? If so,could you tell me how you are managing this?

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 19

Re: bt sport

Go to solution
Hi.This is a problem many are experiencing. The change from silverlight to flash has made video play back terrible on certain systems. I have a powerful PC that plays back the content perfectly but a less powerful system just can't play the streams without stuttering or high cpu usage. This PC has no issues with playing back any other flash content or 1080 video, so the issue must be with the BT flash player. I use Chromecast to watch content on my TV without a problem, so that's one solution but it might not be appropriate for everyone.
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

@spaceman wrote:

Are there any members who can watch BT sport on line without the picture constantly 'stuttering'? If so,could you tell me how you are managing this?

@@Spaceman, @ twin1965'

A graphics card can improve performance, as it has it's own co-processor.

I notice a difference if I disable the graphics card.

Not an easy job to fit, but something to look for in any new purchase.

The pattern that is coming out with all the posts is that Flash Play is using more processing time than Silverlight.

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

Ribblelancs wrote:

The pattern that is coming out with all the posts is that Flash Play is using more processing time than Silverlight.

Maybe, but I don't think that's the cause. I get stuttering (random screen freezes of up to 1 second or so) even though my laptop is of decent spec with only around 20% CPU usage while watching BT Sport. It seems to have improved somewhat this week but it's still intrusive enough to be a pest.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

@pottyperson wrote:

@Ribblelancs wrote:

Maybe, but I don't think that's the cause. I get stuttering (random screen freezes of up to 1 second or so) even though my laptop is of decent spec with only around 20% CPU usage while watching BT Sport. It seems to have improved somewhat this week but it's still intrusive enough to be a pest.

Yes, saw that in one of your posts.

Wonder if there's some diagnostic software to look in to what is going on, exactly.

The Windows built in performance monitor is not very good.

Seem to remember going through all this when bt sport first started.

BTW

Possibly a very red herring, but there's a setting available relating to how much data, do you want bt sport to use. Right click on the display.

Sounds like page file space or more likely cached space which is faster. Has anyone looked at this?

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution
Thanks twin1965 - I will check out 'Chromecast'.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution
Thanks Ribblelanks - it sounds daunting !.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

My stuttering was pretty much erradicated the start of last week but I believe this was something BT did at their end. The reason I noticed the change was that the play (watch) arrow went to the correct shape instead of it being stretched. I watched all 3 Motogp races last sunday with only a couple of stutters but it quickly resolved itself but it was no worse than Sky or BBC IPlayer is, more importantly it stayed HD all the way though.

Personaly I think its a sync issue. I found when it was at its worse before last week the best way to improve it was to refresh the page and the live stream usualy dropped back about 30 secs and start playing properly. I still get it jumping about a little but its usually in the adverts so not too bothered.

I am using safari on a Imac on a 74meg Infinity connection and it was pretty much unusable up to last week.

I had played with the file space settings before, and it didnt make seem to make much of a difference before last week. My settings are currently 1mb.

Still cannot understand BT for the change to a flash player as flash seems to be pretty much hated as Silverlight is. Firefox disabled Flash for its security risks and Google have just started to disable flash adverts for the same reason, its time the streaming industry take the hint and look elsewhere for a streaming platform.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution
We have talked before 'pottyperson',and I seem to get the same problem as yourself.I have an Acer Aspire E1-571 with W10 which I only use for BT sport. I use a Chromebook most of the time.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution
Thanks Rds233, I will try refreshing the page.
0 Ratings