cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

bt want old home hub back and i dont have it anymore

Hi hope some one can help me with this. My old home hub got broken and I called bt on Sun 6th May for a new one. I received the new one on Tues 8th May.

A week later I received a letter from Bt informing me to return the old home hub back for recycling within two weeks or I may be charged for it.

My problem is that I wasnt told of this on the phone ( was told replacement hub would be free) and there was nothing in package the new hub came in either. I no longer have the old one as i have thrown in out.

I called bt and got nowhere. I was passed to many different people and left on hold many times. After 45mins of this I hung up. Now today I received a frrepost bag from  BT to return the old hub.

Does anyone know how much I will be charged or is it a case of waiting till next bill comes in?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: bt want old home hub back and i dont have it anymore

Hi bambieyes and welcome

Hmm, IMHO BT should of told you this at the time you reported it

I'd say they now ask for the old one to be returned to prevent fraudulent 'claims' - NOT saying this is you, just a general example. Some may state theirs is broken, then sell it on a well known Internet auction site...

Anyway, ask the mods to see what they can do for you. You need to fill out this form - http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

You should get a reply within 72 hours

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Hi there My H.hub 2 stopped working I also was not told about returning it but at least there was a returns bag with the new H.Hub they sent me, not 2 weeks later as with you. I hope the mods can help.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for your speedy response. Have sent off an email.

Was asked on phone what happened to old one and told them it was stood on by guy who was decorating my house. The power light came on the old home hub but the broadband and wireless lights only came on faintly. Couldnt connect to internet wired or wirelessly.

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

BT have never bothered with returns for many years so I guess they are being forced to meet their legal obligation to recycle the old hardware I can give them 3 hubs if they want them

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings