cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rockintone
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

bt wholesale checker says no, talk talk & sky say yes?

Go to solution
I am currently on BT ADSL and am approaching the end of my contract inn2 weeks time. My exchange was recently upgraded to fibre and I have been using the BT wholesale checker to see when my cabinet goes live. It currently states "by 31st Dec" and has been like this for a few months. Stranger thing is that sky and talk talk say they can provide me with fibre services now (have done for last month). I also received a reply from open reach saying that my cabinet is live. Any idea why BT aren't showing me as able to get FTTC yet? My post code is Ky7 6es and I am on cabinet 8.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: bt wholesale checker says no, talk talk & sky say yes?

Go to solution

Using your post code, both the BT and Sam Knows site say you can not get fibre. Are you sure that Sky and Talk Talk will be able to supply it now and that they are not just taking orders for it or put you on ADSL with a promise to let you upgrade later.

If you have a BT phone use your phone number in this checker it will tell what cabinet you are on and what services it can receive

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

You can then email Openreach on nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk giving them your cabinet number, exchange telephone number and address and they should be able to reply with the up to date information. They can take a coupe of weeks to reply.

0 Ratings
Rockintone
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Hi thanks for the reply. Yes I did use my phone number (not wanting to post here for obvious reasons). I also emailed open reach who replied:

"Thank you for your enquiry about Glenrothes North cabinet 8, after checking our systems it says that cabinet 8 was completed in November then it takes about 2 weeks for the testing to be completed. So you should now be able to upgrade to fibre broadband as it says it is available.. "

Hence the reason I am confused?
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I don't know the inner workings of BT but it may be that their systems have not yet been updated or it could be that the commissioning of the cabinet has taken longer than expected. All I can suggest is that you keep checking the status.

You do not need to re contract with BT when your contract runs out. You will go onto what they call a rolling contract which basically means you will lose any discounts you may have had and have to pay the full monthly amount for the package you are on.

If you get fed up waiting and you decide that you want to leave BT there are no cancellation fees because you are not in contract. 

If however when you are able to get Infinity you would just start a new contract then.

0 Ratings
Rockintone
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Well what about that, just checked by wholesale site and now FTTC is available. Guess someone read my post 😉.

on another issue i had read that self installs ate likely early in the new year, anyone got any update on that?
0 Ratings