cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 114

bt wholesale is a farcre ...

this is turning into a farce now ,14 engineers 5 of which were in last 4 days alone n 4 routers (one of which wouldnt even power on ) 3 white modems, new ethernet leads n adsl lead things 2 new master sockets ... wake up today to a knock at the door another feckin router ( now 5 ) , how the hell is a router going to improve anything when it's the **bleep** quality of the lines ... fix/replace the lines n the problem is solved , or is that way to easy ...

5 routers at £69 or what ever the cost + cost of 3 modems + 14 engineer visits n transport costs  + umpteen phone calls n txts and no resolve or improvement , speeds are  just getting worse n worse .... surely it would of been cheaper to put the 50 yards of new fibre cable to the fibre cabinet then it's there for the future .

0 Ratings
113 REPLIES 113
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 114

Re: bt wholesale is a farcre ...

I think you mean Openreach and not BT Wholesale

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 3 of 114

Also 50yards of new fibre from your home to the fibre cab would not help.

You are not on an FTTP service and if you were the fibre would not go to the fibre cab.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 114

Did you contact the mods as ratty2012 suggested in post 9 in your thread yesterday? They should be able to sort you out - but they can take up to 3 working days to respond.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 114

no i said what  i mean  " BT wholesale " the isp , and they are responsible for the underground cables , be they copper , alliminium or fibre .. " openreach " engineers are maintenance , repairs /fitting n home installation everything above ground .. and when i signed up for 80/20 i was told  FTTP not FTTC was available by the BT infinity sales team on the BT site at this postcode before i moved here . and as i said in post surely it would have been cheaper to replace the old copper wires than keep sending equipment n engineers who have already reported that the problems are old n decayed underground cables .... feeding 50 yards of cable from  the fibre cabinet to a junction box 2 houses up the street . copper or fibre ,obviously fibre would be better to future proof , there are plenty residential properties here and business' it's the towns main high street .. there is even a call centre at the top end of the street .. my property is at the back of the main street n the only one with a copper above ground wire joined to the underground wire via a pole across the street .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 114

@cockney wrote:

no i said what  i mean  " BT wholesale " the isp , and they are responsible for the underground cables , be they copper , alliminium or fibre .. " openreach " engineers are maintenance , repairs /fitting n home installation everything above ground .. and when i signed up for 80/20 i was told  FTTP not FTTC was available by the BT infinity sales team on the BT site at this postcode before i moved here . and as i said in post surely it would have been cheaper to replace the old copper wires than keep sending equipment n engineers who have already reported that the problems are old n decayed underground cables .... feeding 50 yards of cable from  the fibre cabinet to a junction box 2 houses up the street . copper or fibre ,obviously fibre would be better to future proof , there are plenty residential properties here and business' it's the towns main high street .. there is even a call centre at the top end of the street .. my property is at the back of the main street n the only one with a copper above ground wire joined to the underground wire via a pole across the street .

The ISP is BT Retail and not BT Wholesale. Openreach are in charge of the underground cables and maintenance/repairs.

From your thread yesterday it was established that your assumed FTTP was available at your property, not that you were told it was available.

@ach2 has already pointed out, I did say to you to contact the mods of the forum about your issues.

I also asked you to post the results of the checker using your telephone number, that would be very useful if anyone is ever going to help you: https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

Highlighted
Guru
Message 7 of 114

BT Retail - Sales, Marketing and Customer Service

BT Wholesale - Exchange equipment + Software settings

Openreach - Maintenance and Installation, owns the phone the lines (Which BT Wholesale buy off Openreach).

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 114

it's openreach that are telling me it's btwholsales who are the isp , responsible for everything from server , exchange , fibre cabinet n underground cables to n from  .. openreach can only fix wiring connection problems at cabinet n above ground , they are not allowed to change any settings at the cabinet , that btwholesale set , like ports n profile n such . so who's lying ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 114

@cockney wrote:

it's openreach that are telling me it's btwholsales who are the isp , responsible for everything from server , exchange , fibre cabinet n underground cables to n from  .. openreach can only fix wiring connection problems at cabinet n above ground , they are not allowed to change any settings at the cabinet , that btwholesale set , like ports n profile n such . so who's lying ?

You are getting mixed up between your ISP and Openreah's ISP.

Your ISP = BT Retail.

Openreach's ISP = BT Wholesale.

So the only ISP you need to worry about is BT Retail.

If you have a problem then you contact BT Retail, they contact Openreach, who they contact BT Wholesale.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 114

at the end of the day who controls the end users speed , n is responsible for the underground lines/cable ? .. to me it's all the same company anyway .. just left n right hand robbing me of what i'm paying for .

0 Ratings