cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
transit
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

hi just bought a 8500 , the base is beeping tried phone and base reset no joy,looked for manual no joy,only quick start that tells me nought,anybody help please. gordon

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: bt8500

Go to solution

this was someone else's solution

the handsets are reading out of range because they have lost connection with the base. This happens mostly during peak power demands or power outages, but can also happen when the phone is unplugged for any amount of time. This can also cause, at times, the answering machine to stop picking up calls. To remedy this issue, reset the phone system. Please follow the instructions below:
To reset the phone:
1. Disconnect the power adapter, phone line, and remove all batteries from the base and all handsets. Leave it disconnected for 30 seconds to reset the base.
2. Place the batteries in the handsets first and then plug in the power adapter and phone line. Do not place the batteries back in the base yet.
3. Put the handset in the charge cradle.
4. It may take up to 1 minute for the "Out of Range" to clear from the display.
5. Once the "Out of Range" is cleared from the handset place the back up batteries back into the base.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
transit
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: bt8500

Go to solution
thanks imjolly,you were trying to help a fool it was my old 6500 that i disconnected beeping flat batt next to the new 8500,just off to have a little talk with myself.
0 Ratings