cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Strikeman
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

btinternet.com account no longer letting me in! HELP!

Go to solution

I am a user of an old btinternet,com account and about 2 days ago I noticed I wasnt able to log into my email account.  When trying to access I keep getting:

Cannot Get Mail: The username or password for btinternet is incorrect

Has something happened to my account specifically or is there a bigger issue going on with all btinternet accounts?  Ive had this account for as long as I remember, and with a holiday imminent in the next 3 weeks, I desperately need to regain access to it

Ive tried to reset my password online but have exhausted my 3 attempts at trying to retrieve the account with various details and home addresses it could be linked to

Im at a loose end as to what could have happened 😞

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Strikeman
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Re: bouncebacks to btinternet.com email addresses

Go to solution

I'm having an issue where I cant log in to my btinternet account, I came here to post but it sounds like its a bigger issue than just a personal account issue

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I have moved your post onto your own thread because it had nothing to do with the thread you had posted on.

What happens when you try to log on with these links.

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

https://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=uk

0 Ratings
Strikeman
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Sorry GG, first time poster and a little desperate lol

So logging in via the first link gives me this infor:

Important:

You need to make sure your email is secure

We've detected some unusual activity on your email account and believe it could have been compromised.

To maintain the security of your account and your personal information, it's very important that you should complete each of the following steps.

Step 1

Download anti-virus software

The first step is to download up-to-date anti-virus software and complete a full system scan on each of your devices.

Even if you already have anti-virus software, in some instances it can fail to detect certain viruses so it's best to double check by downloading another anti-virus software.

If you're a BT Broadband customer, you can log into MyBT to download BT Protect & BT NetProtect Plus for free.

If you're not a BT Broadband customer then we recommend downloading one of these free anti-virus software packages: McAfee Stinger, Microsoft Security Essentials or Sophos Antivirus for Mac. For further advice see www.bt.com/secure.

0 Ratings
Strikeman
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Password successfully changed and I'm back in, thankyou for your help!  It must have been blocked for some reason