cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

btinternet.com / btopenworld.com emails merging ...

Go to solution

i have my username@btinternet.com set up on my iPad and it works fine sending and receiving, but I get 40/50 spam emails each day in my inbox to my username@btopenworld.com, an email address I never knew I had or have set up on my device, numerous phone calls / live chats always ends up with being told to change my password.

how can I stop them coming through .. All I can do is try and block them and report as spam , but why should i be doing that it's BT linking the two email addresses. 

If if anyone has any idea how to stop this I'd be really happy !! 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: btinternet.com / btopenworld.com emails merging ...

Go to solution

Your email address has not been linked with another email address. btinternet and btopenworld in your email addresses is and always has been interchangeable you can use either so it is not that that is causing the spam.

All you can do is continue to do what you are doing. Spam on BT email seems to come in waves where you will be plagued with it for a few weeks then it clears for a few weeks before coming back.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for the information. Will keep on filling my spam box and see how it goes .. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

OK there is a work round for this shambles. ..........

- Settings
- Rules
- Add
- Set Rule - Add a name, Description and tick the active box
- Step1 - Recipient "is" from drop down and add the email address you want to stop emails coming through to                          i.e  xxx@btopenworld.com
- Step2 - Move to folder, select Spam 
- Save

All the emails sent to xxx@openworld.com will go into the Spam inbox,

0 Ratings