cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rapardea
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

btv420 error

As a complete newby to the forum thing hopefully I'm in the right place! When the youview box first came out I bought my own on the recommendation of a friend an it has been excellent working on plus net. I now have bt infinity and a bt vision icon has appeared which gave access to payg films. Now 2 weeks later all I get is an oops btv420 error , please try later, any ideas?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: btv420 error

@Rapardea wrote:

As a complete newby to the forum thing hopefully I'm in the right place! When the youview box first came out I bought my own on the recommendation of a friend an it has been excellent working on plus net. I now have bt infinity and a bt vision icon has appeared which gave access to payg films. Now 2 weeks later all I get is an oops btv420 error , please try later, any ideas?

If you just using the BT Player without actually having a contract for Vision then it will give you 30 days free (not sure how it get you to sign up) and after that you must pay £10 a month.

Does any of the other on-demand content outside of the player work - also is your box set to automatically obtain an ip address (DHCP) if so you may want to set it to a static ip. Have you tried rebooting the box

If other content is working fine then it may suggest something is wrong with your account itself and you may need to ring the BT Vision helpdesk.

0 Ratings
Rapardea
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for ideas! This is how I understood vision access ( from bt website)

What is a BT Vision Player subscription?

If you've already got a YouView box (for example from a high street retailer), a BT Vision Player subscription gives you access to BT Vision - the largest video on demand library on YouView. BT Vision is exclusive to BT Broadband customers.

There are two versions of a BT Vision Player subscription:

• Pay as you go: gives you access to most BT Vision programmes available on pay per view with no monthly fee
  • Unlimited: gives you access to all BT Vision programmes with everything except Box Office films included in the monthly fee. Box Office films are available from £1. And with BT Vision Player Unlimited, there's no need to worry about your BT Broadband usage allowance - all BT Vision and YouView On Demand and Catch Up TV is exempt from your usage.

You can try BT Vision Player Unlimited free for 30 days, and because there's no minimum contract, you can cancel at any time. Find out more at www.bt.com/player.

I was using PAYG now the unknown error.

is there a help number specifically for vision?

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

@Rapardea wrote:

Thanks for ideas! This is how I understood vision access ( from bt website)

What is a BT Vision Player subscription?

If you've already got a YouView box (for example from a high street retailer), a BT Vision Player subscription gives you access to BT Vision - the largest video on demand library on YouView. BT Vision is exclusive to BT Broadband customers.

There are two versions of a BT Vision Player subscription:

• Pay as you go: gives you access to most BT Vision programmes available on pay per view with no monthly fee
  • Unlimited: gives you access to all BT Vision programmes with everything except Box Office films included in the monthly fee. Box Office films are available from £1. And with BT Vision Player Unlimited, there's no need to worry about your BT Broadband usage allowance - all BT Vision and YouView On Demand and Catch Up TV is exempt from your usage.

You can try BT Vision Player Unlimited free for 30 days, and because there's no minimum contract, you can cancel at any time. Find out more at www.bt.com/player.

I was using PAYG now the unknown error.

is there a help number specifically for vision?

does any of the other on-demand stuff work outside of the bt vision player (ie itv-player, bbc iplayer, nowtv, etc, etc) - if not then this would suggest a possible connection issue or fault with your box.

if they work fine then the problem is probably down to the bt vision player, but you need to attempt a reboot of the unit first and then retry.

If still get problems ring bt (via 150) and choose the bt vision option and see if they can offer any help.

0 Ratings
Rapardea
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Done a reboot and all catch up is fine except vision, tried talking to bt they say it won't work because I have infinity option 2 for business (but I live where I work and can't also have a home connection) they have never heard of a btv420 error might give up and go back to sky! Thanks for trying

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

@Rapardea wrote:

Done a reboot and all catch up is fine except vision, tried talking to bt they say it won't work because I have infinity option 2 for business (but I live where I work and can't also have a home connection) they have never heard of a btv420 error might give up and go back to sky! Thanks for trying

sorry can't give more help on that error myself - i use a retail box, but already have vision so not getting this issue - i've sent you a pm with a possible option

0 Ratings