Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DazzaL
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

cabinet question on upgrade to infinity

hi guys,

ive checked that my phone number can now get inifity and im considering switching to bt BB to get infinity.

My question is that, theres a old looking cabinet right outside my house (on the opposite side of the street) which is probably what im on now. Would it be the case that on switching to fibre, that I would always stay on the same cabinet whichever one that may be now, or would/could BT rewire you to a new cabinet (which may be futher away) to get you on infinity. I'd assumed that you'd only be offered once your cabinet was upgraded, but wanted to be sure.

if they may shift you, could bt tell me in advance the distance to the new cabinet?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: cabinet question on upgrade to infinity

You can only get FTTC if the cabinet you're currently served from has an fiber counterpart cabinet. Have you got a new fiber cab near the one outside your house? If not, it could just be that you're not served by that one and you're served from another which has been enabled 🙂
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
DazzaL
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

thanks for the reply Webby, no just the old knackered cabinet there, so I'll ring BT and ask them where im wired up to..hopefully its not too far! 🙂

0 Ratings
robh66
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Is there a bigger BT cabinet nearby the current cabinet as they don't need to be side by side, they can be up to 10 - 15 meteres apart or thereabouts, because the cabinet i'm on is outisde the fire station and the Fibre cabinet is on the corner of a road junction.

I'm down in Kent, just so you don't get your hopes up.

0 Ratings
DazzaL
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

theres just a few old cabinets round my house, no new ones. i rang bt and they said they couldnt tell me what cabinet i was on as they dont have the info at all and suggested i check samknows! 🙂

0 Ratings