Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lukalily
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

caller display

Go to solution

I have a logik (L06COMB10) telephone, which has the caller display with it. I rang BT and ordered the privacy setting with caller display which bt say is now operational on my line. When anyone rings me I just get 'calling' comes up with no number displayed. Any thoughts on what I can do? I have got in touch with bt who told me what numbers to dial to set it up, and I got a message saying it was working on my phone but it obviously is not.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 19

Re: caller display

Go to solution

Hi and welcome

Try dialling *#234# from your phone, you will get an announcement saying if caller display is active on your account or not.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
lukalily
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

Thank you, I have tried that and got a message saying callers identities will be displayed but unfortunately they are still not being displayed.

Carol

0 Ratings
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution
Might be an obvious answer and perhaps you have tried it, do you have another caller display phone or could you borrow one to see if it worked on that.
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

Hi, I would suggest unplugging all ADSL filters, and any equipment you have plugged into phone sockets. I have had experience where certain routers and filters can mask caller display.

If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
lukalily
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

Do I not need to have these filters attached because of my broadband connection? Sorry not very technical minded.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

just try the phone plugged in on its own with no filter and bb unplugged just to prove the fault

bfg
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

HI LUkalily,

You do need the Microfilters plugged in to 'filter out' the broadband 'noise/signal' and allow you to have a broadband on at the same time as receiving and making calls.

But, Devon dave is suggesting you try without the filters, just to see if they are stopping the caller display.

The caller display is actually 'tones' before you answer the call and the filters can filter out more than they should and stop the caller diaplay working (your phone doesnt hear the 'tones' and acts like you dont have caller display on the line).

hope that helps Smiley Wink

lukalily
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

Have tried removing the filters, still no joy. Perhaps the fault is with the phone.

0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

Is the phone set to TB ?

Del.

0 Ratings