Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 19

Re: caller display

Go to solution

lukalily said

Did you do as I suggested in my earlier post "try a different phone that has caller display."

Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

@djh22 wrote:

Is the phone set to TB ?

Del.

Not sure how that will allow or stop CLI information?

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

Neither am I Dave,but Mother-in-law had a similar problem,I flicked it down to TB and it's been OK since,so it's worth a try.

Del.

0 Ratings
lukalily
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

Sorry, what is TB?

0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

There's a Dial mode slider button usually on the underside of the phone with options of "T" ,"PE" or "TB". TB is for tone dialling, long shot really but it might be worth experimenting with each setting.

Edit -- Does your phone require batteries ?

lukalily
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

Do not seem to have that option on my phone. Could it be because it is not a BT phone?

0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

Is there batteries in the phone ? are they getting low ?

Try removing telephone from socket, remove batteries from telephone and leave out for 15 seconds and then replace,or If it's mains powered, switch the power off for 15 seconds, then switch power back on. The next incoming call should reactivate the Caller Display service.

Check that the Caller Display unit is not beside a cordless telephone. Caller Display equipment should be at least 1 meter away from each other.

Try another compatible phone,if it still doesn't work ask the forum mods to intervene for you by submitting this form

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

Cheers,

Del.

lukalily
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

The main phone does not have batteries, although the cordless one does. I tried your suggestion of switching off but still no joy. The main phone is downstairs sitting next to the computer, the cordless phone is upstairs. I have filled in the form as suggested.

Thank you for trying.

Carol

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

You need to try another phone that has caller display or take your phone to someone who has the caller display facility. If BT attend and prove that caller display is OK (I suspect it is as *#234# says it is and no real chance a line fault would cause that) they will charge you £139 for the visit.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.